No announcement yet.

High on Hockey Keeper League - Part 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has league contraction killed the trade market? Is there any demand for forwards right now?

Comment

• I have too many.

Comment

• The only reason the trade market is dead is because you’ve all conspired to not trade draft picks to me.

Only half kidding.. ;)

Comment

• I have a lot of good forwards. I think we're in a situation now where a lot of teams aren't willing to part with good players during the season and will only do so in the summer once they're sorting out their keeper situation. Myself being one of them -- I'm facing a tough situation when it comes to the likes of Malkin, Keller, Scheifele, etc. this summer and Malkin or Keller could be moved, but it won't be during the season unless it's a real good offer.

I think there'd be a high demand for defensemen if anyone made an actual good one (not one that can be picked up off FA -- think the top-30 in the game or so) available.

Or on the other hand, contraction could have absolutely killed the trade market because a lot of teams have higher-end depth throughout the lineup. But I think we'll have to wait for the summer to decide that and see where the trade market lies.

Comment

• I think the trade market was a little more active last year because of the Nordiques team. It created a domino effect that increased trade activity for the season. For the most part, I've found this is a league that doesn't make a lot of trades.

Personally, for me, I'm feeling out my team still and seeing where my strengths and weaknesses lie. The first month of the season is a little tough to judge because of hot streaks, slumps, etc. I'll see what I have and probably start making offers soon enough.

Comment

• I'm probably going to end up trading one of Malkin, Keller, Eichel when the seasons draws closer to a close or in the summer depending on where I am in the standings, so y'all can keep your eye on that.

Comment

• My team has been decimated by injuries. Carter, Getzlaf, and Kesler are all out long term - my 3 top Cs.

Anyone interested in adding Getzlaf? Obviously he'd sit on your IR right now, but would provide a big boost to anyone's club once he returns.

Comment

• If people want to make offers on guys like Malkin, Eichel, Keller (only trading one, two tops though) now they can. I probably won't be making a move until the summer though unless it's a really good deal.

Comment

• I have such a logjam at center that I'll probably be listening and willing to move one of Malkin or Eichel mid-season rather than summer.

Comment

• maybe contraction really did dry up the trade market lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
                        maybe contraction really did dry up the trade market lol
                        I'm really close to making two trades.

Comment

• Price on the IR, Quick slumping.

Yup, the yearly trend of "my goaltending is killing me" has reared its ugly head out again.

Comment

• would just like to thank whoever took Cam Talbot before my second first-round pick in the draft this past summer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
                              would just like to thank whoever took Cam Talbot before my second first-round pick in the draft this past summer

Comment

• Carey Price, you handsome, handsome shutout man.

Comment

Working...
                                X