Drouin to MTL for Sergachev

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh View Post

You should be, this is a huge deal for Montreal. Drouin and Galchenyuk will be dynamite together.
    Chucky's about to be traded so I'll wait and see what that return is...lol

Comment

Why on earth would they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
        Why on earth would they do that?
        The writing was on the wall during the season when he was put on the 4th line as a winger. The organization doesn't seem him as a center. It's a stupid move, but I'll wait and see what the return is. It's a shame I won't get to see Drouin-Chucky go to work on the opposition though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post

The writing was on the wall during the season when he was put on the 4th line as a winger. The organization doesn't seem him as a center. It's a stupid move, but I'll wait and see what the return is. It's a shame I won't get to see Drouin-Chucky go to work on the opposition though.
          You seem sure that he'll be traded. Is it more just a case of you preparing for it by thinking that it's inevitable? Lol. I've seen rumours about it as well, but like Kevin I just don't understand it. Let Chucky play centre, it's not like they've got many other options there, and now they've got a pretty nice top-six worth of wingers anyways.

Also, how do you see the Habs' protection list looking like with Drouin in the picture?

Comment

I'm sure of it because it is going to happen. There's no other way around it. Chucky (and Beaulieu) won't be on this team in October.

As for protection, if Chucky and Beaulieu aren't traded before the roster freeze: Patches, Drouin, Radulov, Shaw/Hudon, Galchenyuk, Byron, Danault, Weber, Petry, Beaulieu, Price.

Comment

Originally posted by matchesmalone

Ugh. Dude, how old are you?
              21. I don't know what that has to do with anything. If you've been following anything involving the Habs you'd know they're actively looking to move him.

It's not the right decision, but it's going to happen because this management is stupid.

Comment

"I'm sure of it because it is going to happen."

That seriously seems like appropriate reasoning/argumentation for a 21 year old adult to you?

Comment

I don't doubt that you have good reasons to believe this very strongly. But you can't expect others to take "because I say so" as an explanation. It's embarrassing for everyone.

And imagine how bad it's going to look if, by some bizarre chance, it doesn't happen. Remember the Noah Hanifin incident? It is ok not to be 100% certain about everything all the time.

Comment

Dude, this is Subban all over again..except they're actively shopping him. I've lived this just last year lmfao.

I HOPE he's not traded, trust me. But I've lived this before and all signs point to him being traded. Bergevin has done nothing to lead me to believe he won't be dealt. I've accepted this pain as a Habs fan already since April lol

Comment

...but now with talks of Brodin being protected and/or MIN working a deal with LVK to not take one of Brodin/Dumba, maybe it saves Galchenyuk. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Ambrose
                        I'm sure of it because it is going to happen. There's no other way around it. Chucky (and Beaulieu) won't be on this team in October.

As for protection, if Chucky and Beaulieu aren't traded before the roster freeze: Patches, Drouin, Radulov, Shaw/Hudon, Galchenyuk, Byron, Danault, Weber, Petry, Beaulieu, Price.
                        I'd expect Vegas to take either Plekanec or Gallagher in that case.

Comment

How did I forget Gally. Definitely Gallagher over Shaw/Hudon. So I expect LVK to take Hudon (sad face) or Plekanec if we're really really lucky.

Comment

I can't imagine Vegas taking Plekanec unless they are persuaded to. I would imagine they take Hudon, unless Montreal protects him, in which case it will likely be Gallagher.

Comment

Working...
                            X