General Hockey Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matchesmalone
    That took me a minute to figure out. The most games players drafted in 04 or 05 could have played would be 950. And the only player from the 03 draft to have played 1000 games was Eric Staal.
    You got it. I was surprised to find that Staal had already played 1000.

Comment

• Comment

• 2009? Are you sure? Mark Scheifele wasn't even in the OHL yet and had only been drafted in the 7th round of the OHL draft in 2009...

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
          2009? Are you sure? Mark Scheifele wasn't even in the OHL yet and had only been drafted in the 7th round of the OHL draft in 2009...
          My bad, looks like it was July 9th, 2012.

Comment

• Haha oh ok. That's a little less impressive. Not bad though. I'm a little surprised about a few of them that didn't make it. Looking back now, Leland Irving, Sanguinetti and Matt Donovan all showed numbers at that point that suggested a pretty good chance. A couple others I look at now and I'm like, what was I thinking??? D'Amigo and Phil McRae and Cade Fairchild fall into that category.

Man, between the draft odds re-up and this, I'm feeling nostalgic. Remember when we did the collective "most NHL-ready prospects" list. Would anybody be interested in doing that again this year? A few names that would be around the top of the list: Thomas Chabot, Clayton Keller, Colton Sissons, Pontus Aberg, Dylan Strome, and then of course the top two picks from this past draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone
              Haha oh ok. That's a little less impressive. Not bad though. I'm a little surprised about a few of them that didn't make it. Looking back now, Leland Irving, Sanguinetti and Matt Donovan all showed numbers at that point that suggested a pretty good chance. A couple others I look at now and I'm like, what was I thinking??? D'Amigo and Phil McRae and Cade Fairchild fall into that category.

Man, between the draft odds re-up and this, I'm feeling nostalgic. Remember when we did the collective "most NHL-ready prospects" list. Would anybody be interested in doing that again this year? A few names that would be around the top of the list: Thomas Chabot, Clayton Keller, Colton Sissons, Pontus Aberg, Dylan Strome, and then of course the top two picks from this past draft.
              I'm definitely down!

Comment

• Oh man, the last minute of OT of the Vegas - Jets game was EPIC.

Comment

• Here's an interesting scenario for eventual NHL expansion, relocation, and realignment. Seattle gets a team via expansion, the Texas part-owner of the Carolina Hurricanes buys a majority share and moves the team to Houston, the Arizona Coyotes relocate to Quebec City, and Columbus switches divisions with Florida and Tampa:
                  This would balance things out perfectly and all rivalries are maintained. For reference, here is the current alignment:

Comment

• Comment

• I don't think the NHL has any intention of going to Quebec anytime soon.

Comment

• Teams now mathematically eliminated from playoff contention:

Arizona Coyotes
                        Vancouver Canucks
                        Buffalo Sabres

Up next are likely Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, and Edmonton.

Comment

• Now eliminated:

Arizona Coyotes
                          Vancouver Canucks
                          Buffalo Sabres
                          Chicago Blackhawks
                          Montreal Canadiens

Wont be long for Detroit, Edmonton, and Ottawa.

Comment

• Who do you guys have for awards this year?

I think MacKinnon wins the Art Ross, Ovechkin wins the Richard, Rinne wins the Vezina, Doughty wins the Norris, Barzal wins the Calder, Gallant wins the Jack Adams, and McPhee wins the GM award.

Comment

• Art Ross: Kucherov
                              Rocket: Ovechkin
                              Hart: MacKinnon
                              Norris: Hedman
                              Vezina: Vasilevsky
                              Jack Adams: Gallant

Comment

• Art: McDavid
                                Rocket: Ovechkin
                                Hart: MacKinnon
                                Ted Lindsay: MacKinnon