Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big night for Weber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Big night for Weber

    Here is another good read on the kind of player Shea Weber is.
    http://www.tsn.ca/talent/weber-set-t...treal-1.587399

    Big opening night for him tonight.


  • #2
    Yeah, that was a good article. I've definitely changed the way I see the trade in the past few months (which might actually be your fault, lol). I know it's cliche, but it seems like this might be one of those trades that really does work out for both teams. It's sad to say but Montreal is too volatile of a market for a character like Subban. Weber is a much better fit.

    I still expect Weber to decline within the next few years while Subban is in his prime though. It's interesting.. despite Buffalo, Montreal, and Toronto all being division rivals of the Sens, I'm legitimately excited about their teams.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've not read the article, but I can agree with you. This is a a big night for him. There is also a bit of controversy about who will be carrying the torch onto the ice at the start of the opener.

      Last year the management sort of threw Pacioretty under the bus by saying the team was lacking leadership. We all know that Weber is a natural leader and will be a leader in the locker room regardless letters on his shirt. This wont be much of an issue if Montreal plays well but as soon as they start losing, this will be brought back up in the media. Should the captaincy be given to Weber? Also FIRE THE COACHES, FIRE THE GENERAL MANAGER, FIRE THE WATER BOY!!!

      I am really happy to see that Kirk Muller is back with the team. I am happy with Stephane Waite coaching the goalies. I am happy with Micheal Therrien even. I hope the media finds some other dumb shit to complain about.

      Comment


      • #4
        I somewhat agree with you, Josh.

        Unfortunately, Montreal didn't seem like the right market for Subban. He's flashy, has personality, and a ton of character. In the NHL, for some odd reason, players are expected to have no personality. Every other sport allows it, but the NHL is different. Celebrations are under the microscope. He got looked down upon because him and Price had a victory high-five and it wasn't including his other teammates. It's ridiculous. I think Subban will thrive in an American market, honestly. Because of the NBA and NFL, the American fans are more used to that type of flashy behaviour and Subban should fit well.

        However, I have a hard time saying Montreal won this trade. Despite all of that, they gave up a 27 year old elite defenseman in his prime. There's no way you'll get equal value back, although I think Weber would be better than any package deal they could have got. But still, Weber is on the decline and albeit a great player, doesn't hold the value Subban does.

        I think it turns out to be a bigger issue for the league than Montreal, that players are expected to be like this. Whether it's interviews, celebrations, or even playing style, players are expected to be boring and not necessarily entertaining/exciting. It's a big drawback, IMO.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kephryn View Post
          I've not read the article, but I can agree with you. This is a a big night for him. There is also a bit of controversy about who will be carrying the torch onto the ice at the start of the opener.

          Last year the management sort of threw Pacioretty under the bus by saying the team was lacking leadership. We all know that Weber is a natural leader and will be a leader in the locker room regardless letters on his shirt. This wont be much of an issue if Montreal plays well but as soon as they start losing, this will be brought back up in the media. Should the captaincy be given to Weber? Also FIRE THE COACHES, FIRE THE GENERAL MANAGER, FIRE THE WATER BOY!!!

          I am really happy to see that Kirk Muller is back with the team. I am happy with Stephane Waite coaching the goalies. I am happy with Micheal Therrien even. I hope the media finds some other dumb shit to complain about.
          Kirk Muller was probably one of the team's biggest additions. You know, I hadn't even thought about a captain-controversy, but now that you mention it I can totally see it happening.

          Who do you think should carry the torch?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
            I somewhat agree with you, Josh.

            Unfortunately, Montreal didn't seem like the right market for Subban. He's flashy, has personality, and a ton of character. In the NHL, for some odd reason, players are expected to have no personality. Every other sport allows it, but the NHL is different. Celebrations are under the microscope. He got looked down upon because him and Price had a victory high-five and it wasn't including his other teammates. It's ridiculous. I think Subban will thrive in an American market, honestly. Because of the NBA and NFL, the American fans are more used to that type of flashy behaviour and Subban should fit well.

            However, I have a hard time saying Montreal won this trade. Despite all of that, they gave up a 27 year old elite defenseman in his prime. There's no way you'll get equal value back, although I think Weber would be better than any package deal they could have got. But still, Weber is on the decline and albeit a great player, doesn't hold the value Subban does.

            I think it turns out to be a bigger issue for the league than Montreal, that players are expected to be like this. Whether it's interviews, celebrations, or even playing style, players are expected to be boring and not necessarily entertaining/exciting. It's a big drawback, IMO.
            The only thing I could think of while reading your post was this.


            JOSH FIX MY POST SO THE IMAGE IS DISPLAYED, IT WONT LET ME. That wasn't so hard ;) -Josh

            Also Patches should carry the torch. He should also remain the captain.
            Last edited by Josh; 10-18-2016, 05:59 PM. Reason: "Fixed" the image.

            Comment


            • #7
              The article basically talks about Weber and that he shouldn't be compared to Subban because they are totally different defensemen. Skill set aside, Montreal had a huge leadership need and they filled that with Weber. But if you like stats... the article says Over the last five campaigns, he totalled just nine points fewer than Subban, but collected 37 more goals. Maybe Weber is on the decline, maybe he is not. Only time will tell now that he is playing in a softer conference. Regardless, the article talks more about Weber's p

              Comment


              • #8
                Pretty sick goal from Max Pac to open things up, kind of ironically.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Pretty sick goal from Max Pac to open things up, kind of ironically.
                  Nop foresight... Nop intended ;) GG, I missed it and can't wait to see the highlights, I was out fixing someones computer :(
                  DISAPPOINTED!!!

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Habs06 View Post
                    The article basically talks about Weber and that he shouldn't be compared to Subban because they are totally different defensemen. Skill set aside, Montreal had a huge leadership need and they filled that with Weber. But if you like stats... the article says Over the last five campaigns, he totalled just nine points fewer than Subban, but collected 37 more goals. Maybe Weber is on the decline, maybe he is not. Only time will tell now that he is playing in a softer conference. Regardless, the article talks more about Weber's p
                    I am not much of a stats guy. I honestly despise them. I know that players have their ups and downs, I also know that there are elite players that have their skill set. I don't want to get into too much about the Subban/Weber trade. I could write a novel about it and what I think... what I think may be interesting to some but honestly isn't worth it.

                    I am really disappointed that I didn't watch the game tonight. I miss when there was Habs Express at no cost on over the air antenna that compressed the game to a total of 60 minutes or so.

                    When there was the NHL lockout a few years back now, I was upset about the whole situation and decided to boycott the NHL. I watched KHL highlights for 2 years... Every day I watched highlights from Russia. Radulov was a player who stood out with spectacular goals on a regular basis. I've been telling everyone I know since they signed him. He is the star forward habs fans have been asking for. (Good job Bergevin)

                    Montreal isn't building like a lot of teams. They are contending, or trying to contend. You won't praise the team until they win the cup but in my opinion they have made very good moves in trying to achieve their goal. Win now. Not later. (Rangers and Lightning same boat and pretty much same cabin)

                    I hope Price stays healthy and the bench respect each other when shit goes south (cuz it will) in Montreal... Weather the storm and try to win now (or Soon TM). In 5+ years Montreal will be the like Edmonton or Toronto. Trying to define an identity at the bottom of the league looking for draft picks. Unless they start wining. Wining changes everything.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X