Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 US Election Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm not educated enough with the candidates and American issues to call this a terrible move or anything. I do think it's remarkable how a businessman with no real experience in politics won the election. Especially considering he came into the day with only an 18% chance of winning it.

    Also interesting is the older generations and baby boomers blaming this on the youth/millennials votes. If only they voted, the vote would have been 504 - 23 in favour of Clinton

    Comment


    • #32
      Its a terrible move mainly because he is a bigot, a racist, a sexist. He is a sexual predator. He talks about his own daughter like she one nice piece of ass. He is a fraud - see here how many brankcruptcies he has under his belt and how many people he screwed in the process. Add to that "Trump university" (trial for fraude is due sometime in November).

      How do you explain to your kids they are not suppose to bully, and they should treat people with respect..when the biggest fool of them all has just been elected President. Apparently, Americans hate women, specially Clinton more than racism and all that shit about him.

      But really, at the end of the day, this vote for him was mostly a major "FUCK YOU" to the elite in Washington. Both parties have a serious introspection to do.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
        Its a terrible move mainly because he is a bigot, a racist, a sexist. He is a sexual predator. He talks about his own daughter like she one nice piece of ass. He is a fraud - see here how many brankcruptcies he has under his belt and how many people he screwed in the process. Add to that "Trump university" (trial for fraude is due sometime in November).

        How do you explain to your kids they are not suppose to bully, and they should treat people with respect..when the biggest fool of them all has just been elected President. Apparently, Americans hate women, specially Clinton more than racism and all that shit about him.

        But really, at the end of the day, this vote for him was mostly a major "FUCK YOU" to the elite in Washington. Both parties have a serious introspection to do.
        Fear and insecurity.

        Trump was able to scare white people into believing that their way of life was at stake (fucking preposterous).

        Men are fragile beings and far too insecure to ever elect a female to a position they could never hold themselves.

        Nixon, Reagan, and Bush were political abominations and this looks every bit as absurd.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by thedaigle1 View Post

          Fear and insecurity.

          Trump was able to scare white people into believing that their way of life was at stake (fucking preposterous).

          Men are fragile beings and far too insecure to ever elect a female to a position they could never hold themselves.

          Nixon, Reagan, and Bush were political abominations and this looks every bit as absurd.
          True. But in this case, almost half the women that voted, didn't believe Clinton could do the job. They instead voted for a pussy grabber.......

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
            True. But in this case, almost half the women that voted, didn't believe Clinton could do the job. They instead voted for a pussy grabber.......
            This is where I think demographics are important. These were, according to reports, white women. And I think unconsciously a lot of these voters were willing to concede the rights of women and LGBT individuals to preserve the white American dream that Trump was proclaiming. "He's a pussy-grabber but at least he'll protect us from illegal immigrants" type thing.

            Comment


            • #36
              One of the problems with modern democracy - and I could go into more - is that we elect leaders not for their ability to lead, but for their own opinions on issues. I think this had less to do with racism and sexism than it did with guns. Trump was the candidate that would let them keep their guns.


              I'd love to hear a candidate answer a question with something to the effect of "I have an opinion on the issue in question, but I am not an expert. Were I elected, I would confer with the experts in that field and attempt to come to an answer that is in the best interests of our country and its people - even if it interferes with the opinion I currently hold". Sadly, such a statement would likely sink a candidate. Yet, that's the root of what politics should be!

              It seems to me that most people look at the two or three issues they feel most strongly about and then look for the candidate that champions the same values. And that's it.

              Comment


              • #37
                http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/...etail=facebook

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ok folks yes im all for equality. I champion women and men equally...this term mansplaning pisses me off.. but TRUMP is what he said he is and 49.5 percent of the 'merika no one talks to...or forces inclusionist ideals down their throat without letting them have opinions to the contrary...is the very 'cult' that voted like blacks did for Barrack in 08....i dont say minorities because caramel brown and black are no longer minorities in the US...but ole whitey mc white voted his ass off and no one saw it coming...but me. Not cuz im racist (and no ..whites dont own that franchise) but im real...telling one group like it and shutup is exactly how these groups were mistreated...sad they couldnt take their foots off the ppl's throat to let their agendas merge into societal norms organically. Ah well 2020...trump 4 more yrs lol
                  Oh and O'leary is coming round the bend...hopefuly the left sees that coming

                  Black and Gold


                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by NeelyforPres
                    Ok folks yes im all for equality. I champion women and men equally...this term mansplaning pisses me off.. but TRUMP is what he said he is and 49.5 percent of the 'merika no one talks to...or forces inclusionist ideals down their throat without letting them have opinions to the contrary...is the very 'cult' that voted like blacks did for Barrack in 08....i dont say minorities because caramel brown and black are no longer minorities in the US...but ole whitey mc white voted his ass off and no one saw it coming...but me. Not cuz im racist (and no ..whites dont own that franchise) but im real...telling one group like it and shutup is exactly how these groups were mistreated...sad they couldnt take their foots off the ppl's throat to let their agendas merge into societal norms organically. Ah well 2020...trump 4 more yrs lol
                    Oh and O'leary is coming round the bend...hopefuly the left sees that coming

                    Black and Gold

                    I really can't find anything to disagree with here. And I agree - O'Leary is coming and he means business. I really hope that clown doesn't win the nomination.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      https://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w
                      Dennis Green said it best about the bears...but it's appropriate here just swap trump for the bears...;)

                      Black and Gold

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Well it hasn't taking just a little more than a week since Trump has been elected to be the next President of the United States and he has already altered his stance on two of his major issues on his campaign. First after meeting with President Obama he went onto say that now he will not immediately repeal all of the Obamacare, but instead keep some of it and come up with a better plan to go along with the existing plan. Kinda sounds likes Hillary's plan. Than just the day after that he stated that his all mighty Wall which was once going to be built as high as it needed to be to keep all Mexicans out will now partially be a fence. Isn't a fence what is in place already? Not to totally bash all over Donald Trump, but don't every candidate do this same damn thing. They spout off their mouth during the Primaries and Debates about these great plans they have and once they have all the ir supporters in a frenzy and get nominated they back down on the majority of their major issues for the most part and mostly nothing gets done they said they were going to do.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Oh dont get me wrong...hes gonna do most things he said he will...but if you saw the post "15min" meeting with potus that went an hour he had a look like "holy shit this is for real". I hope he sets a few things in place but i dont truly think he's as crazy as the left media and the sore losers make him out to be. All i was sayin was he isnt as fake as most and he is that obtuse...but his heart is in the right place to get ppl off their asses and govt handouts...etc. the fence yeah its already there...but that doesn't make good tv...hahhhahaha. im waiting for his wall for canada...and nafta...then the real crap begins for us. Til now canadians shouldnt be this invested in american politics when the youth cant even name the ten provinces and 3 territories let alone their capitals. Moreover our country could be facing a similar upheaval if the left continues to bend for special interest groups and foreigners that after many yrs here aren't the least bit interested in becoming canadian. Watch if the right pulls the same rhetoric in the upcoming nomination meetings in march...lol mexico could be the "odd man out" if both can and usa have righties as leaders. Thats why were in englad pushing a CAN-EU trade agreement...they see the writing on the wall.

                          Black and Gold


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by NeelyforPres View Post
                            Oh dont get me wrong...hes gonna do most things he said he will...but if you saw the post "15min" meeting with potus that went an hour he had a look like "holy shit this is for real". I hope he sets a few things in place but i dont truly think he's as crazy as the left media and the sore losers make him out to be. All i was sayin was he isnt as fake as most and he is that obtuse...but his heart is in the right place to get ppl off their asses and govt handouts...etc. the fence yeah its already there...but that doesn't make good tv...hahhhahaha. im waiting for his wall for canada...and nafta...then the real crap begins for us. Til now canadians shouldnt be this invested in american politics when the youth cant even name the ten provinces and 3 territories let alone their capitals. Moreover our country could be facing a similar upheaval if the left continues to bend for special interest groups and foreigners that after many yrs here aren't the least bit interested in becoming canadian. Watch if the right pulls the same rhetoric in the upcoming nomination meetings in march...lol mexico could be the "odd man out" if both can and usa have righties as leaders. Thats why were in englad pushing a CAN-EU trade agreement...they see the writing on the wall.

                            Black and Gold

                            I don't think he will get the chance to do many of the things he wanted to do. He has alienated all of the Democratic Party in the House and Senate against him and also many of his own party is against him and his policy. The only way he gets his agenda through or at least most of it is through Executive Order and I hope that is not the case because that is a power a President should not over step. Just look at the stink President Obama got for using it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I know politicians often fail on their promises, but this is one case where I don't see it as a bad thing. To be sure - I am not a Trump supporter or fan and would have voted HC if I was American (though Bernie would have been my first choice). But Trump was not a politician before this. To be able to go into this with some ideas and change his mind as he learns and gets new information - I actually find that commendable.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Josh, this is something that irks me so much about Politics. After this circus of Debates and Campaigns I really think they need to pass a law that to run for The Presidency of the United States in the future you must have a certain amount of political experience. No more Businessmen, Doctors, Celebs, Sports Figures, People off the street . If you don't have a certain amount of political experience from some other office you represented you can't run for President. I think Donald Trump is going to quickly become overwhelmed with this position and it wouldn't surprise me during his 4 years in office if things are not going the way he plans he will step down and let Pence take over. Just to make it perfectly clear I have no problem with how past President Ronald Reagan became President because he went through the system and had some political experience even though this was before my time. That is just my two cents on that matter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X