No announcement yet.

Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added Jesper Wallstedt - https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...sper-wallstedt.

Comment

Added several 2019 and 2020 prospects.

Comment

Updated.

Comment

Check out this 9 year-old kid's sick goal:

I'm adding him to the list for 2027

Comment

Added Jacob Perreault and Jamie Drysdale.

Comment

Added Kalle Loponen, Kasper Simontaival, and Patrik Puistola.

Comment

Added lots of prospects.

Comment

Loving this thread! indeed

Comment

Added Alex Beaucage (2019), Justin Bergeron (2019) and Marco Rossi (2020).

Comment

Added a bunch more prospects. I actually needed to increase the site's character limit per post to fit them all in. I think my 2019 list is finally starting to move into the final stages, and towards an initial ranking.

Comment

Loving this thread! Indeed!

Comment

Who's the better prospect? Jack Hughes, Alexis Lafrenniere, Kaapo Kaakko or Anton Lundell?

Comment

Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
                            Who's the better prospect? Jack Hughes, Alexis Lafrenniere, Kaapo Kaakko or Anton Lundell?
                            I’ve been really high on Lafreniere for a long time now, so I’m gonna stay the course and cast my vote for him.

Comment

Yeah based on his stats Lafrennier is probably legit prodigy status. 150 points next year?

And based on what Finland has been putting out lately, Aho, Laine, Barkov, I think we should consider the possibility that maybe Kakko will be better than Hughes. In fact the last two players to put up similar numbers in Liiga in their draft year to what Kakko is doing now, were Laine and Barkov.

Comment

Decided to make a list of the top 25 NHL-drafted prospects.

1. Cale Makar, D, Colorado Avalanche - His numbers in NCAA at 20 are simply ridiculous. Maybe not a sure bet, but his potential is unlimited.
                                2. Barrett Hayton, C, Arizona Coyotes - May well end up a 19-23 minute a game type of guy.
                                3. Kristian Vesalainen, LW, Winnipeg Jets.
                                4. Erik Brannstrom, D, Ottawa Senators - High chances he'll be a perennial 50 point per year, 25 minute per game defenseman.
                                5. Quinn Hughes, D, Vancouver Canucks - Better offensive upside than Brannstrom perhaps, but not as polished or as proven at higher levels.
                                6. Thatcher Demko, G, Vancouver Canucks - Has been elite at every level. I will be surprised if he doesn't end up one of the best goalies in the NHL at some point.
                                7. Drake Batherson, RW, Ottawa Senators - A year ago he wouldn't have made my top 50, but a 20 year old rookie putting up numbers like he is in the AHL this year is unusual.
                                8. Aleksi Heponieni, C, Florida Panthers - After he was among the top scorers in WHL at 18, he returned to Finland to be one of the top scorers in SM Liiga at 19. Also tied for the scoring lead at World Juniors. I haven't been paying attention to what the "experts" say about prospects, but I have a feeling kid is gonna fly under the radar. Don't sleep on him.
                                9. Cody Glass, C, Vegas Golden Knights.
                                10. Maxime Comtois, LW, Anaheim Ducks
                                11. Eeli Tolvanen, LW, Nashville Predators - A year ago he might have been in the top five. Having an off-year but his upside is still tremendous.
                                12. Adin Hill, G, Arizona Coyotes - A 6'6, 22 year old goalie who already has three solid AHL seasons under his belt and has performed respectably in a handful of NHL appearances this year.
                                13. Vitali Kravtsov, RW, New York Rangers.
                                14. Logan Brown, C, Ottawa Senarors - It was tough to get a read on him as a junior prospect, but this year he's one of the highest scoring 20 year old AHL rookies. What sets Brown apart from Kyrou or Dube is that he's 6'6.
                                15. Jake Oettinger - G, Dallas Stars - Still too young to get much of a read on for a goalie, but he was a rare first round pick, and hasn't done anything to hurt his pedigree since his draft.
                                16. Filip Zadina, LW, Detroit Red Wings - He hasn't been bad, but I'm less excited about him now than I was a year ago.
                                17. Eric Comrie, G, Winnipeg Jets.
                                18. Josh Norris, C, Ottawa Senators.
                                19. Evan Bouchard, D, Edmonton Oilers.
                                20. Adam Boqvist, D, Chicago Blackhawks.
                                21 Juuso Valimaki, D, Calgary Flames.
                                22. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G, Buffalo Sabres.
                                23. Alex Nedeljkovic, G, Carolina Hurricanes.
                                24. Martin Necas, C, Carolina Hurricanes.
                                25. Emil Bemstrom, C, Columbus Blue Jackets.
                                Last edited by matchesmalone; 03-03-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X