Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Sens Talk - Part III

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post

    Josh - I forgot all about the Playstation setups. Every kid would try to get there once the intermission started lol
    I swear, some kids must have just played throughout the game, lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Josh View Post

      I swear, some kids must have just played throughout the game, lol
      See, I'm not quite sure if the Sens marketing has just gotten a lot worse (definitely somewhat worse), or the novelty of games wore off.

      As a kid, my family would get together and pick out 5-6 games a season to go to. We'd get lower 300 level tickets, and it was always so exciting to go to. Of course the games were sold out and the team was awesome and exciting, so that plays a factor. But, I think in 2011-12, I ended up going to about ~25 games. It's obviously not the same excitement anymore, but a lot of that, for me, could be to me being older and been to more games and can afford going whenever I want to.

      So many cool memories of the team growing up, though. The 2007 Cup run being a huge highlight, as well as more recent memories such as the entire 2011-12 season, 2013 where we made the playoffs despite missing Karlsson, Anderson, Spezza, Michalek for lots of the season. 2015 with the Hamburglar run was so much fun, as well as last years playoffs. It's a shame to see the team where it is now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post

        See, I'm not quite sure if the Sens marketing has just gotten a lot worse (definitely somewhat worse), or the novelty of games wore off.

        As a kid, my family would get together and pick out 5-6 games a season to go to. We'd get lower 300 level tickets, and it was always so exciting to go to. Of course the games were sold out and the team was awesome and exciting, so that plays a factor. But, I think in 2011-12, I ended up going to about ~25 games. It's obviously not the same excitement anymore, but a lot of that, for me, could be to me being older and been to more games and can afford going whenever I want to.

        So many cool memories of the team growing up, though. The 2007 Cup run being a huge highlight, as well as more recent memories such as the entire 2011-12 season, 2013 where we made the playoffs despite missing Karlsson, Anderson, Spezza, Michalek for lots of the season. 2015 with the Hamburglar run was so much fun, as well as last years playoffs. It's a shame to see the team where it is now.
        I remember in 2015 telling my Leafs friend "don't count the Sens out yet, they just need to win on the LA road trip and see where that takes them." That was the beginning of the Hamburglar run. Towards the end of the season, Sens needed a win over Philly to clinch. Mark Stone pick pocketed Voracek one on one coming out of the zone and scored. Such an awesome moment -

        start from 10min 13sec

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uneVvlWt2xI

        Personally I will never forget being in the stands for Game 6 vs. Pittsburgh. That game was LOUD! I've been to rugby games in Australia that weren't that loud.

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCihmEHylSg

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post

          I remember in 2015 telling my Leafs friend "don't count the Sens out yet, they just need to win on the LA road trip and see where that takes them." That was the beginning of the Hamburglar run. Towards the end of the season, Sens needed a win over Philly to clinch. Mark Stone pick pocketed Voracek one on one coming out of the zone and scored. Such an awesome moment -

          start from 10min 13sec

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uneVvlWt2xI

          Personally I will never forget being in the stands for Game 6 vs. Pittsburgh. That game was LOUD! I've been to rugby games in Australia that weren't that loud.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCihmEHylSg
          That was such an awesome run. And yeah, that game 6, that was the most fun I've ever had attending any sports event. All made even better that I was able to meet you, your wife, and Kevin, as well as having Jasmine, Owen, and Yvon along for the ride.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Josh View Post

            That was such an awesome run. And yeah, that game 6, that was the most fun I've ever had attending any sports event. All made even better that I was able to meet you, your wife, and Kevin, as well as having Jasmine, Owen, and Yvon along for the ride.
            Oh for sure, that made it even more awesome. What are the odds that we just happened to sit in the exact same section??!!

            I was so pumped after that game that I seriously considered driving all the way to Pittsburgh for game 7. Kinda glad I didn't as it still hurts seeing that Double OT goal even on TV.

            I had my hotel booked for Game 5 Stanley Cup Finals, ready to go.

            Comment


            • I'll never let go of my rage at that phantom tripping call on Phaneuf..

              Comment


              • Don Brennan really rips into Melnyk in this article.

                Comment


                • It's all well and good to tell Melnyk to sell...but are there any legitimate buyers out there? $300-$500 million doesn't grow on trees.

                  Comment


                  • Judging by the activity of the forum, I'm just wondering, how much attention do you all pay to the Sens at this time?

                    I think the last game I watched was February 8th vs Nashville. I've lost so much interest in the team because of the ownership and management that I don't even realize they're playing most times they're on.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                      Judging by the activity of the forum, I'm just wondering, how much attention do you all pay to the Sens at this time?

                      I think the last game I watched was February 8th vs Nashville. I've lost so much interest in the team because of the ownership and management that I don't even realize they're playing most times they're on.
                      I watched the first period of last night's game, then fast forwarded through the rest to see just the goals. Both Sens goals last night were "unearned". Florida scored 7 at the other end.

                      When Duchene and Hoffman aren't out there (keep in mind Stone is injured, Karlsson didn't play either) it is truly depressing watching Ottawa try to attack. This group has top-quality pieces but there's no team depth, at all.

                      Pageau is not a 2C. Pyatt, as much as I love the guy, should not be on his wing on the second line. Zack Smith has been all kinds of trash. Let's not even start with what actually constitutes a 4th line right now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                        Judging by the activity of the forum, I'm just wondering, how much attention do you all pay to the Sens at this time?

                        I think the last game I watched was February 8th vs Nashville. I've lost so much interest in the team because of the ownership and management that I don't even realize they're playing most times they're on.
                        I've stopped watching. It's really hard for me to get excited about the team given the situation with ownership. I can't get over the fact that it isn't "just" the players, it's all of the personnel, it's every facet of the organization that has suffered and is suffering because the financial resources and/or will just aren't there. There was a moment in time, not too long ago, when the Sens, even after losing captains Alfredsson and Spezza one year after the other, seemed to have everything going for them. A wealth of talent at just about every position, one of the league's elite players, a cupboard full of exciting prospects, some of the league's top staff members, an upbeat fanbase, a promising venture for a modern facility in a better location on the horizon.. it's mostly all been squandered. And the team and its staff are now in a deep hole that will take a lot of effort, money, and time to ever get out of. I don't think I'll be excited again until I see things headed in that direction.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Josh View Post

                          I've stopped watching. It's really hard for me to get excited about the team given the situation with ownership. I can't get over the fact that it isn't "just" the players, it's all of the personnel, it's every facet of the organization that has suffered and is suffering because the financial resources and/or will just aren't there. There was a moment in time, not too long ago, when the Sens, even after losing captains Alfredsson and Spezza one year after the other, seemed to have everything going for them. A wealth of talent at just about every position, one of the league's elite players, a cupboard full of exciting prospects, some of the league's top staff members, an upbeat fanbase, a promising venture for a modern facility in a better location on the horizon.. it's mostly all been squandered. And the team and its staff are now in a deep hole that will take a lot of effort, money, and time to ever get out of. I don't think I'll be excited again until I see things headed in that direction.
                          This is exactly how I feel.

                          It's impossible to get excited for the team in the current situation. Even if they land the first overall pick, a dark cloud looms because of the ownership situation. The team cannot properly rebuild or anything like that because they don't have the personnel.

                          Comment


                          • Sens 1st rounder Logan Brown was the games #1 star tonight as Kitchener beat Guelph to win their first round series in 6 games. Tonight he had 2 goals, 1 assist, +3 and was 61.5% in the circle. In the 6 games of this series Brown had 13 points. - Dean Brown

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                              Sens 1st rounder Logan Brown was the games #1 star tonight as Kitchener beat Guelph to win their first round series in 6 games. Tonight he had 2 goals, 1 assist, +3 and was 61.5% in the circle. In the 6 games of this series Brown had 13 points. - Dean Brown
                              Wow, awesome!

                              Comment


                              • Sens had their final home game of the season last night - a 6-5 loss to the Jets. Karlsson had three points, tying himself with Mark Stone for team lead in points. If he takes over Stone, he'll become the first defenseman in NHL history to lead his team in points for five consecutive seasons.

                                However, at the end of the game, Karlsson was caught on video grabbing the puck the puck and tucking it in his pants. Alfredsson did the same in 2013 when he played his last home game for the Sens.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X