No announcement yet.

General Sens Talk - Part III

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the issue is lack of buyers for the team, it's that the current owner is not at all motivated to sell. Why would he, when a Seattle expansion fee is just around the corner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post
      I don't think the issue is lack of buyers for the team, it's that the current owner is not at all motivated to sell. Why would he, when a Seattle expansion fee is just around the corner?

Comment

• Paajarvi inks one year extension/900K

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/se...on/c-298846666

Comment

• Rejoice, Owen!

Comment

• I think next we'll see a Claesson contract, then Ceci, then Stone. I'm not sure what their intention is for Wideman, but I hope they manage to keep him. Honestly, if they feel Christian Jaros is ready, I'd rather they move Ceci than Wideman.

Comment

• I like Paajarvi, this is about what he is worth. The rest of the forward group is still a nightmare. Burrows, Smith, Gabbo, even Ryan...lots of dead weight.

If they pay Ceci according to his level (IMO bottom pair D) I'm OK with keeping him. If we lose Karlsson though, watch our because I think Dorion will overcompensate.

Comment

• The good news: https://www.silversevensens.com/2018...ski-as-coo-nhl

The bad news: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ested-buffalo/

Comment

• Oh god..

Comment

• Comment

• Holy hell I hope this is true. What's with having just hired a COO though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

Holy hell I hope this is true. What's with having just hired a COO though?
                        That can be spun either way though...if the NHL is helping keep the lights on, perhaps they insisted on getting a separate guy for that role. Or perhaps, potential buyers had a say. Or, as you and I suspect Josh, this train's got a few more stops left in it yet.

Comment

• http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...box=1528504726

Comment

• Comment

• The problem is, while you say its men he's interested in...I think its more along the lines of 'young men/late teens', therefore, it could be very problematic considering he has about 20 young men under his care trying to find their way around. He is in a position of power and could use that to influence them. And what if it already happened but we just haven't heard about it yet. This is not well taken care of by the organisation. It could be a one time thing were he made a bad decision but they should at the very least get him a desk job until its all sorted out. But considering who the boss is, I'm not surprised. However its harder and harder to find good reasons to continue cheering for this organisation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                                Not that it makes a difference.
                                Yes and no.

It doesn't make a difference to whether this is harassment or not, if the sworn statement is correct, this would be harassment - man or woman.

It totally matters that Randy Lee, in his occupational duties, is charged with managing young, impressionable men. If there's even a hint of guilt on this case I dread what may come to light in the future.

Just my opinion not a statement of fact, but someone who (allegedly) is comfortable enough to proposition a shuttle driver, a complete stranger, is also likely to try the same with employees he does know. Especially from a position of power.

Comment

Working...
                                X