Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post

Yes and no.

It doesn't make a difference to whether this is harassment or not, if the sworn statement is correct, this would be harassment - man or woman.

It totally matters that Randy Lee, in his occupational duties, is charged with managing young, impressionable men. If there's even a hint of guilt on this case I dread what may come to light in the future.

Just my opinion not a statement of fact, but someone who (allegedly) is comfortable enough to proposition a shuttle driver, a complete stranger, is also likely to try the same with employees he does know. Especially from a position of power.

Comment

• Comment

• Agreed - it's not that he is (allegedly) attracted to young men over any other type of human. That's allowed. I'm sure there are many managers/bosses who are attracted to co-workers beneath them, regardless of gender. A certain level of respect and conduct is required but otherwise there's no issue there.

What isn't OK is sexual harassment of any kind. If it is proven he harassed this young man in the way stated, I don't see how you can keep him on as a leader of several young men - even without further complaints. Forget the Sens for a second, I would dare say many private companies would also terminate employment in these circumstances? Many executive level employees would have specific contractual requirements guaranteeing "good conduct" or else providing recourse for dismissal?

Comment

• Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...box=1528830528

Comment

• This entire organization is a complete gong show from the owner down to the players and their girlfriends

Comment

• I guess at this point I hope Erik leaves because he seriously just deserves better.

Watch them trade him and keep Hoffman..

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I guess at this point I hope Erik leaves because he seriously just deserves better.

Watch them trade him and keep Hoffman..

Comment

• I decided to make a timeline of the Sens in the last 13 months:

May 10, 2017 - Sens beat the Rangers 4-2 in Game 6 to advance to the ECF for the third time in franchise history
                  May 25, 2017 - Kunitz scores in 2OT of Game 7 to eliminate the Sens from the playoffs
                  June 21, 2017 - Sens officially lose Marc Methot to Vegas in the Expansion Draft
                  July 1, 2017 - Daniel Alfredsson resigns his position with the team
                  Aug 12, 2017 - Former Sens GM Bryan Murray passes away
                  Sept 14, 2017 - Clarke MacArthur fails physical; softcore retires
                  Nov 5, 2017 - Sens trade Kyle Turris and 2019 1st in a three-way deal with Nashville and Colorado; acquire Matt Duchene
                  Dec 17, 2017 - Melnyk publicly threatens Sens fans of relocation; Sens shut out the Habs in the NHL100 Classic
                  Feb 9, 2018 - Sens let go of CEO Tom Anselmi; Melnyk would later take reigns as CEO
                  Feb 13, 2018 - Sens trade Dion Phaneuf to LA for Gaborik
                  Feb 17, 2018 - Nick Kypreos breaks the news that Erik Karlsson could be on the trade block
                  Feb 26, 2018 - Golden Knights fall just short of completing a Karlsson deal with Ottawa; EK65 remains a Senator
                  Mar 19, 2018 - #MelnykOut billboards go live in Ottawa after Sens fans raise the money through crowdsourcing
                  Mar 20, 2018 - Erik Karlsson annonces he has lost his unborn son
                  April 6, 2018 - 'Butterfly Child' and Sens superfan Jonathan Pitre passes away at age 17
                  April 10, 2018 - Melnyk and Dorion host a town hall for STH at the Canadian Tire Centre; Melnyk calls LeBreton arena a "tremendous risk"
                  May 28, 2018 - Daniel Alfredsson states Mayor Jim Watson and himself both hope to see a new owner in Ottawa
                  May 31, 2018 - Assistant GM Randy Lee arrested for sexual harassment in Buffalo; Sens have currently kept him in the organization
                  June 12, 2018 - News goes viral of Mike Hoffman's girlfriend stalking and harassing Erik Karlsson and his wife about their stillborn

I included what I felt were major events in the past 13 months from the team. A ton has happened, and most of it is negative. In just 13 months the team went from one of the most magical playoff runs in recent memory, to a bottom-of-the-barrel organization.

Comment

• I don't know what to say anymore. It's embarrassing being a Sens fan right now.

Comment

• Yeah.. what a depressing list, haha.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• y'all got a Bryan Colangelo LOL

Comment

• About time!

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018...-investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                                Great news. Although I do wonder how this affects the draft and our already very small front office.

Comment

Working...
                                X