[YOUTUBE]08s76gtxjZc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Alfie11
      Hall of Fame Member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Josh
      Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]08s76gtxjZc[/YOUTUBE]
      Honestly, I find it hard to fault the players for this.

From everything I’ve heard (and assume), this is definitely not an uncommon thing. Players talk about coaches, coaches talk about players.

The Uber driver is a piece of shit, honestly. Apparently he’s mad he didn’t get a big tip, so he leaked the video and tagged Ottawa sports media to get their attention on it.

It’s a bad look for Uber. Why do I wanna risk paying for a drive for someone who could use security footage against me when they don’t get their way?

Comment

• thedaigle1
        Hall of Fame Member
        • Mar 2014

I know it's really cheesy and cliche to give report cards after the first quarter. Nonetheless, here they are (sorted by ice time):

Chabot: A Ottawa gives up a lot of 5-on-5 goals when he's on the ice although I have no evidence to suggest it's anything other than bad luck.

DeMelo: B Even if he's just riding Chabot's coattails, he's doing a great job. It worked for Methot with Karlsson.

Lajoie: B Ceci has done everything in his power to drag Lajoie down. Lajoie has managed to keep his numbers respectable (relatively) as a rookie on a horrible team.

Ceci: F No need to explain.

Boro: D- I should give an F because of all the penalties and other stupid shit he does on the ice. In terms of volume, he gives up as much as Ceci. Boro gets a D- because unlike Ceci, Boro manages to limit the quality of shots against. EDIT: Fuck it, Boro gets an F.

Wideman: C This hurts cos I am the biggest Wideman apologist. He has been the unluckiest Senator thus far and now he's getting benched. His fancy stats suggest he should be having about the same results as DeMelo though.

Jaros: B Much like Lajoie, Jaros is putting up respectable numbers relative to his peers and he's a rookie.

Stone: A+ If Ottawa can only lock up one player long term, it should be Stone.

Duchene: B The difference between Stone and Duchene is that Stone creates a lot without giving anything up. Duchene creates while also allowing a lot of shots from the opposition.

Tierney: C I’m disappointed with his fancy stats. Not gonna lie. I expected a lot more based on the eye test.

Ryan: D I think I was fooled by all the powerplay production because I didn’t think Bobby was having that bad of a season based on the eye test. His 5-on-5 fancy stats are garbage though.

Dzingel: B+ He’s putting up Matt Duchene numbers across the board without the glory of being Matt Duchene.

Boedker: C He can generate some offense. He provides NO defensive value. Boedker is the player that every coach thought Hoffman was. Except Hoffman produced a lot more.

White: B He’s the real deal. He creates offence and is defensively sound.

Pyatt: D Much like Boro, he absolutely bleeds shots against. He can manage quality of shots though.

Paajarvi: C Same idea as Pyatt except better.

Smith: B Has had much better results than I would have guessed. As long as he stays healthy and out of the penalty box, he has value.

Tkachuk: A He’s the player putting up the most Stone-esque numbers who isn’t Mark Stone.

This is based on corsi (high, medium, and low difficulty), fenwick, shots, scoring chances, and goals, at 5-on-5 (All RELATIVE to teammates). I've been going over data from NST this morning and this is what I have. This doesn't factor in special teams and other events really unless I made specific notes.

Anderson gets an A just because. Other goalies get an F.

Batherson gets an A based on a small sample. Formenton will be re-evaluated next season and I expect big things. Paul and McCormick have been pleasant surprises and I'm thinking they'll be a B and a C with larger sample sizes. Wolanin is tearing up the AHL right now and has A/B potential. Harpur and Pageau are obviously injured.

Coaching, management, and ownership get an F.
        Last edited by thedaigle1; 11-22-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Josh
          Legendary Owner
          • Sep 2013

Great work Owen. No arguments from me on these grades.

Comment

• matchesmalone
            Rookie Member
            • Sep 2013

What do you mean by high, medium and low difficulty corsi?

Comment

• thedaigle1
              Hall of Fame Member
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by matchesmalone
              What do you mean by high, medium and low difficulty corsi?
              https://www.naturalstattrick.com/glossary.php?players under 'Player On-Ice Statistics'

Comment

• Josh
                Legendary Owner
                • Sep 2013

Tkachuk scored 2 and Duchene had a really sick goal where he batted in his own blocked-shot rebound.

Comment

• matchesmalone
                  Rookie Member
                  • Sep 2013

Circus goal by Duchene. Wow.

The thing I am fucking loving about Tkachuk is, watching his interviews, whenever media mentions or asks him about his "gritty" play or about getting to the front of the net or anything along those lines, he just has this big nasty grin on his face. He loves it. You can tell he takes a ton of pride in that aspect of his game. Like I said when he was drafted, this is a guy who is going to score big goals at big moments once this team gets into the playoffs.

Comment

• matchesmalone
                    Rookie Member
                    • Sep 2013

But then I don't wanna take too much pride in my prediction. At the time of the draft I said I thought he'd be a guy who can play on a top line and compliment star players. But at this rate I'm starting to wonder if he could be a superstar in his own right.

Comment

• thedaigle1
                      Hall of Fame Member
                      • Mar 2014

Matt Duchene what the fuck! We are going to see replays of that goal for YEARS to come.

Comment

• thedaigle1
                        Hall of Fame Member
                        • Mar 2014

Never thought I'd see another Anderson shutout. Really stoked about that result for him. Also it was only fitting that Claesson probably had the best performance of any of the Rangers last night.

Comment

• Alfie11
                          Hall of Fame Member
                          • Sep 2013

Tkachuk is awesome. His game has so many more dimensions than advertised when he was drafted. His hands around the net are A+, his vision and passing ability is really good. He's so fun to watch.

Comment

• Josh
                            Legendary Owner
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Alfie11
                            Tkachuk is awesome. His game has so many more dimensions than advertised when he was drafted. His hands around the net are A+, his vision and passing ability is really good. He's so fun to watch.
                            Agreed. I was originally disappointed with the pick because of Zadina still being on the board, and a bit of a fear that Tkachuk was ranked artificially high due to pedigree, but I’m happy to admit I was wrong.

That said, I just still can’t get excited about the Sens. I feel like they could be in first place and I’d still have the same lack of excitement. I’m so disappointed with ownership and I have zero faith that he’ll even be able to retain talent, so I feel like I’m watching the promising young players develop for some other team’s eventual success. The only real “hope” that I have is that the Avalanche don’t end up with a lottery pick. I’ve spent no money on memorabilia or tickets this year, attended no events, and contributed nothing to any of the team’s social media platforms.

Comment

• Alfie11
                              Hall of Fame Member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Josh

Agreed. I was originally disappointed with the pick because of Zadina still being on the board, and a bit of a fear that Tkachuk was ranked artificially high due to pedigree, but I’m happy to admit I was wrong.

That said, I just still can’t get excited about the Sens. I feel like they could be in first place and I’d still have the same lack of excitement. I’m so disappointed with ownership and I have zero faith that he’ll even be able to retain talent, so I feel like I’m watching the promising young players develop for some other team’s eventual success. The only real “hope” that I have is that the Avalanche don’t end up with a lottery pick. I’ve spent no money on memorabilia or tickets this year, attended no events, and contributed nothing to any of the team’s social media platforms.
                              And as upset as we should be about the Lebreton deal falling through, it might be our golden ticket. The land is going to go to another bidder, and DevCore is a massive front runner. In their proposal they had an NHL arena, so I’m sure there will be one built downtown. Then comes the added pressure of Melnyk losing non-NHL arena revenues (concerts, events), plus literally everybody wanting the team downtown (media, fans, league). Not to mention multiple billionaires involved in the DevCore project, at least one likely would want to buy the team to put in their new arena.

Comment

• thedaigle1
                                Hall of Fame Member
                                • Mar 2014

Don't look now, but the Senators' penalty killing hasn't been an atrocity for the past two weeks. Coincidentally, the power play has fallen off a cliff. Even strength play continues to be about the worst in the league. What fun!

Comment

Working...