• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Duchene's other talents ↓

https://www.bardown.com/matt-duchene...B04gXJ83kW5x-w

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
      Haha, a man of many talents, I guess.

I'm a little torn on what I want to happen with Duchene. Not really his fault, but the Duchene era in Ottawa has clearly sucked. He's also turning 28 in January, meaning an eight-year extension would bring him to 36, when his best years are likely behind him. At the same time, he's playing like a #1 centre, and can you really let that walk?

Comment

• Now this:

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1075505271663927296

Some of the players are full of surprises.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Why can't Melnyk just GO AWAY?

Comment

• The Citizen said Melnyk got offered $320M for the team, while 6thSens believes later on Melnyk got a $600M USD offer for the team. Interesting stuff.

Sportsnet reporting today that Duchene got offered around $8M AAV for 8 years, and Stone even more.

Comment

• The Sens have shipped Max McCormick to Colorado. They receive JC Beaudin who is a former third-rounder. The trade won't really tip the scales in either direction as neither player produces much offence. The upside for Ottawa is that McCormick is a pending UFA and Beaudin is still on his ELC. Also Beaudin is right-handed so that balances out the lines in Belleville somewhat. The fact that Ottawa got anything for a player who recently cleared waivers is pretty interesting. On a side note, we never got to see McCormick wear #69 in Ottawa. He had rocked it in the AHL. However, the parent club made him wear #89 instead.

Comment

• Maybe he's a great guy, but Max McCormick was trash at the NHL level. Glad to be out from under that contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedaigle1 View Post
                      The Sens have shipped Max McCormick to Colorado. They receive JC Beaudin who is a former third-rounder. The trade won't really tip the scales in either direction as neither player produces much offence. The upside for Ottawa is that McCormick is a pending UFA and Beaudin is still on his ELC. Also Beaudin is right-handed so that balances out the lines in Belleville somewhat. The fact that Ottawa got anything for a player who recently cleared waivers is pretty interesting. On a side note, we never got to see McCormick wear #69 in Ottawa. He had rocked it in the AHL. However, the parent club made him wear #89 instead.
                      Beaudin’s actually kind of an interesting prospect. He really seemed like a steal in his draft+1 year, but then seemed to regress a bit. Definitely has more promise than Max, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him get NHL minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

Beaudin’s actually kind of an interesting prospect. He really seemed like a steal in his draft+1 year, but then seemed to regress a bit. Definitely has more promise than Max, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him get NHL minutes.
                        If Max McCormick can get NHL minutes, this kid seems likely to as well.

Comment

• I for one am swallowing Melnyk's "unprecedented run of success in 2021" hook, line, and sinker. Look at the 2021 free agent class! Nathan Horton, David Clarkson, Andrew. MacDonald, Johan Franzen, Matt Martin! Spend to the cap, baby!

Comment

• He’ll spend to the cap in 2022, but it will be last year’s cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              He’ll spend CLOSE to the cap in 2022, but it will be last year’s cap.
                              Fixed Josh.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedaigle1 View Post
                                I for one am swallowing Melnyk's "unprecedented run of success in 2021" hook, line, and sinker. Look at the 2021 free agent class! Nathan Horton, David Clarkson, Andrew. MacDonald, Johan Franzen, Matt Martin! Spend to the cap, baby!
                                Hell, if we play our cards right, we may just trade for some of those guys before they hit free agency! Gotta hit that floor somehow right?

Comment

Working...
                                X