No announcement yet.

High on Hockey Keeper League - Part 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to everyone regarding this season. Just been a tough year for me in general.
    Being in my last year of med school was hard to start with, and then I had a lot of family matters that really kept me busy.
    I thought that I set the lineups after the trade with Matt, but seems like I didn't.
    Again,I'm really sorry and will try to participate more next season. And congrats to Josh on winning this season.

Comment

• Looking at my standing finishes, I believe I was top-4 in everything except FOWs and SV% (thanks, Carey) and 2nd in literally everything of those categories I'm top-4 in except for DEF, W and SOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

...and the Aussie Stars have a new look too, and just have to be close to turning the page on their incredibly unlucky slump. Matt runs far too good of a team for the results he gets.
        I personally don't get it either. Dead last. Big swing and a miss on taking Oshie and Faulk but other than that I don't feel like I had that bad of a year? Just 7 other teams with better players than mine.

Comment

• Hockey is stupid and I hate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post

funny thing is if you got back to my PM, you probably would have won but that's none of my business :P

your team was oddly not competitive against me, which your team scared me the most tbh. I was surprised. I even somehow won faceoffs this week lmao. Maybe this can be the start of a Silver Seven vs. whatever my team name is next season rivalry
            My bad about that, I was caught up in a couple of things this week.

You definitely had my number all season. I guess next season my key will be designing my team to win our matchups haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Choi View Post
              Apologies to everyone regarding this season. Just been a tough year for me in general.
              Being in my last year of med school was hard to start with, and then I had a lot of family matters that really kept me busy.
              I thought that I set the lineups after the trade with Matt, but seems like I didn't.
              Again,I'm really sorry and will try to participate more next season. And congrats to Josh on winning this season.
              Well congrats on completing med school! Between that and being in Africa, it's understandable that you were hard pressed for time. Looks like you had thought you'd set your lines for the remainder of the season after the trade, which would have made a big difference, and to be honest you still managed a good showing and didn't finish last, so there's not much more to be said.

However, if it seems like you're as busy next season, maybe check in here on the forum and let us know, so we know when it's a good or bad time to send trade requests. And then when you know you're going to be busy for a while, try to just set your lines in advance for that stretch, checking in sporadically for injuries and performance changes.

Comment

• I just wanna throw my support out there for Choi.

Obviously, there is a ton of more important things than hockey and fantasy hockey. You don't want inactive teams in the league, but he's been in the community and in the league for a long time now and this is really the first time it's happened for him.

I do agree with Josh about the course of action if you're busy (for anyone, not just Choi). Try to set them in advance, but if you're having trouble setting your lines and are still interested in the league, just pop on here for two minutes and post in the thread that you've been busy but your intentions are to still be here. I think everything that went down last season has the active members a little worried, understandably so.

Comment

• I took a look at the history of the current teams (note: some members didn't have a team from the beginning, some took over):

Lightning: 4x 1st (2010, 2011, 2016, 2018), 2x 2nd (2012, 2013), 1x 3rd (2017)
                  Nailers: 1x 2nd (2018), 2x 3rd (2011, 2014)
                  Hair: 2x 2nd (2014, 2015), 2x 3rd (2013, 2018)
                  Seven: 3x 1st (2013, 2015, 2017), 1x 3rd (2012)
                  Hounds:
                  Spartans: 2x 1st (2012, 2014), 3x 2nd (2010, 2016, 2017), 1x 3rd (2015)
                  Stars: 1x 2nd (2011), 1x 3rd (2010)

What stuck out to me:

- Josh's consistency is crazy. He won the first two seasons before trading some of his stars, but stayed pretty consistent. Out of the nine seasons the league has been going on, he's been in the top-three seven times. For somebody so obsessed with building for the future, he's done a pretty good job competing every year :P

- Choi's consistency is pretty good, too. He always seems a way to be near the top.

- I was surprised Mike's team didn't appear higher. He seems to be always making solid moves and is extremely active. I guess in the last six years he's only not placed twice, but I expected at least one more second place finish.

- For myself, I didn't realize that my team is the definition of "if you're not first, you're last". I expected to have more top finishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                    I took a look at the history of the current teams (note: some members didn't have a team from the beginning, some took over):

Hounds:

What stuck out to me:

- Josh's consistency is crazy. He won the first two seasons before trading some of his stars, but stayed pretty consistent. Out of the nine seasons the league has been going on, he's been in the top-three seven times. For somebody so obsessed with building for the future, he's done a pretty good job competing every year :P

- Choi's consistency is pretty good, too. He always seems a way to be near the top.

- I was surprised Mike's team didn't appear higher. He seems to be always making solid moves and is extremely active. I guess in the last six years he's only not placed twice, but I expected at least one more second place finish.

- For myself, I didn't realize that my team is the definition of "if you're not first, you're last". I expected to have more top finishes.
                    So, actually, I also finished first in 2012, but Choi got the medal because of some weird glitch. I don't remember exactly what happened, but he finished 0.5 games back: http://games.espn.com/fhl/standings?...&seasonId=2012

Lightning: 5x 1st (2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2018), 1x 2nd (2013), 1x 3rd (2017)
                    Hounds:
                    Spartans: 1x 1st (2014), 4x 2nd (2010, 2012, 2016, 2017), 1x 3rd (2015)

Comment

• Well as an original member of this league this makes me look pretty terrible...

Comment

My bad about that, I was caught up in a couple of things this week.

You definitely had my number all season. I guess next season my key will be designing my team to win our matchups haha
                        Crazy thing is your team beat every team this season in convincing fashion or at least kept it really close, except for mine, where we were tied once and the other three match-ups were blowouts. If your team was relatively close in even just one match-up, you would have won the league, no doubt, and the top of the league was so close this year that it may have literally been the difference between you winning the league and you finishing 4th. Looking at your records this season:

vs. Lind Lighting -- 1-2-0 (Combined: 13-20-3), the last match-up here probably hurt you a lot, too.
                        vs. Wheeling Nailers -- 3-1-0 (Combined: 25-18-5)
                        vs. Bridge City Nights -- 3-1-0 (Combined: 29-13-6)
                        vs. Aussie Stars -- 3-1-0 (Combined: 31-13-4)
                        vs. Seoul Spartans -- 4-0-0 (Combined: 34-12-2)
                        vs. Hades Filth Hounds -- 3-0-0 (Combined: 22-10-4)

and then...

vs. S Harrington's Hair -- 0-3-1 (Combined: 11-35-2)

I'll never understand how it worked like this. And I did some QUICK math, even if you responded to my PMs in time, you still would have only tied with me if I counted correct. Still would have been good enough for 2nd place, I believe.

Comment

I took a look at the history of the current teams (note: some members didn't have a team from the beginning, some took over):

Hounds:

What stuck out to me:

I've been going for the championship for so long and every time I feel like I have the team to do it, I get fucked with injuries or my team shits the bed in a terrible week where I should have won.

I'm still salty that my team only tied Matt's 5-5-2 in such a crucial run for the league championship in the final stretch lmao. Same with only tying Choi's team the following week and then following up with a tight match against Nailers. Ruined my run for the championship.

There was a year where I literally lost top spot in the final week because I had injuries. Heartbreaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

So, actually, I also finished first in 2012, but Choi got the medal because of some weird glitch. I don't remember exactly what happened, but he finished 0.5 games back: http://games.espn.com/fhl/standings?...&seasonId=2012

Lightning: 5x 1st (2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2018), 1x 2nd (2013), 1x 3rd (2017)
                            Hounds:
                            Spartans: 1x 1st (2014), 4x 2nd (2010, 2012, 2016, 2017), 1x 3rd (2015)
                            Ya '12 was a weird season. I remember because initially, we were tied at the end of the season and Espn gave the trophy to me (I'm not exactly sure what the standards were). But the games differential changed after the trophy was given.
                            not too sure what happened there.
                            And thank you Josh and Brandon for the support. I'll certainly try harder to set my lines in advance whenever I'm busy.

My set keepers are

Alexander Ovechkin
                            Nathan MacKinnon
                            Erik Karlsson

All the rest are available and I'm looking for a keeper defenseman.
                            Last edited by Choi; 04-10-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Trade:

Josh 1st (1st overall)
                              Josh 8th (64th overall)
                              Josh 9th (65th overall)

My 1st (4th overall)
                              Josh's 4th/6th conditional pick back (32nd/48th overall)
                              My 5th (36th overall)

Comment

Trade:

Josh 1st (1st overall)
                                Josh 8th (64th overall)
                                Josh 9th (65th overall)

My 1st (4th overall)
                                Josh's 4th/6th conditional pick back (32nd/48th overall)
                                My 5th (36th overall)
                                Confirmed. First post updated with all pick trades, and conditions executed.

Comment

Working...
                                X