No announcement yet.

High on Hockey Keeper League - Part 4 - Season 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gonna congratulate the champion?

:P

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
      Congrats dude!

Comment

• My bad. At least someone here recognizes my greatness :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post

Your team is good man. Just had a serious case of the injury bug is all.
          No one will be able to touch my injuries and the way I had them this year. Now that the season is over, I’m proud to say I survived and didn’t finish 8th even though LITERALLY HALF MY TEAM WAS IR ELIGIBLE AT THE SAME TIME AT TWO SEPARATE POINTS THIS SEASON.

smfh

Wheeler may be available if someone wants a keeper.

Comment

• My goal for next year is to build the most injured team of all time. I want Buff, Karlsson, Letang, Malkin, Ryan Murray, Evander Kane, Taylor Hall, Lindros, Bryan Berard, Rick DiPietro. Gonna smash Rayzor's record.

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
              My goal for next year is to build the most injured team of all time. I want Buff, Karlsson, Letang, Malkin, Ryan Murray, Evander Kane, Taylor Hall, Lindros, Bryan Berard, Rick DiPietro. Gonna smash Rayzor's record.
              + Callahan, Lupul, Hall, Gaborik
              Price and Leclaire in goal

Imagine DiPietro, Leclaire, and Price on the same team?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Anyone gonna congratulate the champion?

I was saying boo urns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Anyone gonna congratulate the champion?

I find my performance was far more noteworthy Josh lol

Comment

• OK so in all honesty, while my intention isn't to boast, I'm pretty damn proud of my fantasy hockey record. This season was pretty special. Since the end of last season, my goal was to win in 2020, even if that meant sacrificing some success in 2019. So a championship is all the more exciting. The High on Hockey Keeper League has existed for 10 years. For the past 4 years, I've also been playing in Kevin's league, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl League (LYL). That league just finished its 8th season, so I went in as an expansion team after their 4th full season. Here's my all-time record:

2010 - 1st in HoH (6 teams)
                    2011 - 1st in HoH (8 teams)
                    2012 - 1st in HoH (8 teams)

2013 - 2nd in HoH (8 teams)
                    2014 - 6th in HoH (8 teams)
                    2015 - 5th in HoH (10 teams)

2016 - 1st in HoH (10 teams), 3rd in LYL (11 teams)
                    2017 - 3rd in HoH (10 teams), 6th in LYL (10 teams)
                    2018 - 1st in HoH (8 teams), 2nd in LYL (12 teams)

2019 - 1st in HoH (8 teams), 2nd in LYL (12 teams)

6 HoH championships in 10 seasons! Yet to win the elusive LYL though.

2020 - 1st in HoH (8 teams), 1st in LYL (12 teams)? :D --- Gotta get me some Alexis Lafrenière!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post
                      I find my performance was far more noteworthy Josh lol
                      The feel-good story of the year tbh

Comment

• You think that's impressive, in LYL, the Saskatoon Pikachus went from dead last last year to winning the Brad McCrimmon Memorial Championship this year!

Comment

• Crazy that we have been going at this for 10 years, on like 3-4 different forums. I still have my very first pick on my team after all that time as well (Backstrom). I think I made a decent choice at the time :)

Do any of the original teams still have foundational players I wonder?

Comment

• So there's this site called gethuman.com, where they tell you how to actually get in touch with a human for various companies. I called today and explained my conundrum with faceoffs and why they need faceoff %. I dunno who exactly this guy was, but previously when I tried calling them a couple years ago, I spoke to some customer service lady with a southern accent who knew nothing about hockey or fantasy sports, this guy at least actually understood what I was telling him, and he completely agreed with me, and said he'll make a note of it. I'm sure that means nothing, and I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but it's a start.

Comment

• It was just really nice to at least finally be heard. When I started explaining the problem I was like "so if you just have raw faceoff wins and not win %, teams can..." and he knew exactly where I was going and was like "can just draft a bunch of centers, yeah, that's weird we wouldn't have that as an option".

Comment

• That’s awesome! Bookmarking that site!!

Comment

Working...
                                X