No announcement yet.

Game 40 - Lightning @ Senators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's happened before with the Hamburglar...but like you I am not really pushing for playoffs. I just want the team to try, play some more of the kids and get better gradually. We know from last season, as well as from Saturday, this team is capable of challenging any team on its day.

Stone and Dzingel make a great pair. I miss Turris but Duchene has not been terrible, recently with Hoff they've been on fire. Hoffman looks like he's finally found a centre. No offense to Pageau but it's a bit of a step up.

Speaking of Hoffman, I really hope we hold on to him. We haven't had that level of shooting talent in the side since Heatley. Those kinds of players don't come around that often. If all we are being offered is mid picks and/or prospects that may not pan out, it doesn't make any sense to move him now?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post
      It's happened before with the Hamburglar...but like you I am not really pushing for playoffs. I just want the team to try, play some more of the kids and get better gradually. We know from last season, as well as from Saturday, this team is capable of challenging any team on its day.

Stone and Dzingel make a great pair. I miss Turris but Duchene has not been terrible, recently with Hoff they've been on fire. Hoffman looks like he's finally found a centre. No offense to Pageau but it's a bit of a step up.

Speaking of Hoffman, I really hope we hold on to him. We haven't had that level of shooting talent in the side since Heatley. Those kinds of players don't come around that often. If all we are being offered is mid picks and/or prospects that may not pan out, it doesn't make any sense to move him now?
      Well, the Sens responded to their excellent play with a 8-2 loss to the Blackhawks. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11

Well, the Sens responded to their excellent play with a 8-2 loss to the Blackhawks. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post

The crazy thing is, the first period the Sens were on fire! So many great plays and scoring chances. Andy lets in a real crappy goal at the end of the period and all of a sudden they switched off.

That's probably the worst game I've seen Andy play in a Sens uniform. Just couldn't track the puck. Sharp's goal should not go in playing Junior A, let alone the NHL. The last goal is shot right at him and still goes in the net. Condon didn't do a whole lot better.

Comment

And Bobby Ryan has yet ANOTHER finger injury

Comment

Working...
            X