Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brassard to Pittsburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brassard to Pittsburgh

    The Sens get the Penguins 1st round pick, goalie Gustavsson and Ian Cole.
    Last edited by Alfie11; 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
    The Sens get the Penguins 1st round pick, goalie Gustavsson and Ian Cole.
    This feels so wrong after the ECF last year. What a shitshow we are seeing.

    Comment


    • #3
      So in the end, we traded Zibanejad for a 1st, a goalie and Cole...

      I'd prefer the Sens kept Zibby...but we'll see how this turns out ..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
        So in the end, we traded Zibanejad for a 1st, a goalie and Cole...

        I'd prefer the Sens kept Zibby...but we'll see how this turns out ..
        Zibanejad and the 2nd round pick we needed to include so that New York would pick up part of the contract. Oh, and guess who was owed a $2.5M signing bonus at the end of this season?

        Just one more Melnyk money deal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Forgot about that 2nd round pick... meh

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
            So in the end, we traded Zibanejad for a 1st, a goalie and Cole...

            I'd prefer the Sens kept Zibby...but we'll see how this turns out ..
            The whole thing feels like an exercise in futility. Why do we watch sports?

            Comment


            • #7
              I wasn't a huge fan of Zibanejad, but it's frustrating as there's no plan in place. This is all one giant mess.

              Apparently the deal might be larger than meets the eye. It hasn't been announced by the league yet and there's speculation there could be a third team coming in.

              Comment


              • #8
                The league has rejected the trade.

                The Sens are trying to get another team involved, likely for Brassard to be traded to them first to retain salary for Ottawa.

                Comment


                • #9
                  serious question: how long until the league forces Melnyk to sell lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So this is the confirmed trade:

                    To #Sens
                    2018 1st round pick (PIT)
                    2019 3rd round pick (PIT)
                    Filip Gustavsson
                    Ian Cole

                    To #Pens

                    Derick Brassard
                    Vincent Dunn
                    2018 3rd round pick (OTT)
                    Tobias Lindberg

                    To #GoldenKnights

                    Ryan Reaves
                    2018 4th round pick (VAN)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Penguins say in their announcement the Knights will retain 40% of Brassard's salary the rest of this season. - Bruce Garrioch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ottawa started getting calls from teams on Ian Cole right away when news leaked earlier today. Sens plan to flip him before Monday's deadline. - Pierre Lebrun

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                          The Penguins say in their announcement the Knights will retain 40% of Brassard's salary the rest of this season. - Bruce Garrioch
                          So, the only reason the Knights are in the trade is to retain salary because Ottawa is too cheap to. Nice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It sure sounds like it. But its mind boggling why Vegas would do that deal. Cause in the end, while it looks like they help Ottawa, it is Pittsburgh they help get another player for a long run...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                              It sure sounds like it. But its mind boggling why Vegas would do that deal. Cause in the end, while it looks like they help Ottawa, it is Pittsburgh they help get another player for a long run...
                              My only rationale for what Vegas did, is they're making sure Brassard stays out East and doesn't go to a team like Winnipeg or Anaheim.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X