No announcement yet.

2018 NHL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers up, Bouchard and Wahlstrom still available.

Comment

And the Rangers take Kravtsov.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Montreal and Ottawa fuck up, big surprise, wow.
        As much as I wanted Zadina, I don't know if Ottawa did mess up. They went BPA unlike Montreal/Arizona. They obviously felt Tkachuk was a more valuable piece than Zadina, for whatever reason.

All I'm saying is let's see how Tkachuk performs in the NHL before talking about how bad Ottawa messed up. Tkachuk wasn't even an off-the-board pick and has a lot of promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post

As much as I wanted Zadina, I don't know if Ottawa did mess up. They went BPA unlike Montreal/Arizona. They obviously felt Tkachuk was a more valuable piece than Zadina, for whatever reason.

All I'm saying is let's see how Tkachuk performs in the NHL before talking about how bad Ottawa messed up. Tkachuk wasn't even an off-the-board pick and has a lot of promise.
          Yup. Not the guy I was hoping for, but I can't be too upset about Tkachuk. He was expected to go 4th anyway. Maybe his upside isn't as high as Zadina or Wahlstrom, but he's about as safe a pick as there is in this draft. Good chance he'll play in the the NHL this year, and his size and grit will translate well to playoff hockey. As a ceilling, I could see upwards of 30 goals and maybe a little over 60 points in his prime. Ans personally, I love to see a player like this adding that size and grit to compliment a scoring line.

Comment

Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post

Yup. Not the guy I was hoping for, but I can't be too upset about Tkachuk. He was expected to go 4th anyway. Maybe his upside isn't as high as Zadina or Wahlstrom, but he's about as safe a pick as there is in this draft. Good chance he'll play in the the NHL this year, and his size and grit will translate well to playoff hockey. As a ceilling, I could see upwards of 30 goals and maybe a little over 60 points in his prime. Ans personally, I love to see a player like this adding that size and grit to compliment a scoring line.
            Apparently a likely option is for him to play in London in the OHL instead of returning to Boston University.

Comment

I'm shocked, Ottawa can pick one of Veleno, Wilde, or Kupari at 22!

Comment

Pleeeease don't mess this up...

Comment

Kupari gone to LA..

Comment

Come on Sens.. take Veleno!

Comment

Ottawa trades #22 to NYR

Comment

Sens trade #22 for #26 and #48
                        Josh likes this.

Comment

Ottawa trades 22 for 26 and 48. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            Ottawa trades 22 for 26 and 48. I like that.
                            Getting a second round pick to move down four spots in the later first round is great value
                            Josh likes this.

Comment

Wow, Ottawa still has a shot at Veleno! If they take him here and got a 2nd out of it, that's really good.

Comment

Oh wait, Toronto still has a shot first..

Comment

Working...
                                X