This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Improvements

OK well since it started after the new, unrelated, changes and since I cannot reproduce it in a fresh install, I'm led to believe it's a cache issue. If you're willing to help me keep testing, I'd really appreciate it. Please click the "Customise and control Google Chrome" button in the top left, then select "History", then "Clear browsing data..." Keep the first four boxes checked and set it to "the beginning of time" and again hit "Clear browsing data". Restart Chrome, log back into the site, try to post, and let me know if you still get the error.

Comment

Josh, it's been going on for me for a bit now, too. I'm on Safari on a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11
        Do you also get the blank page first and have to refresh, or are you just brought to the "review post" page straight away? Also, is it happening with every post?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
          Do you also get the blank page first and have to refresh, or are you just brought to the "review post" page straight away? Also, is it happening with every post?
          Blank page and have to refresh. It also happens when sending a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
            Blank page and have to refresh. It also happens when sending a PM.
            Mike and Victor never wrote back to say if clearing the cache worked for them. I suspect it will because I could not reproduce the issue on a fresh install of Chrome. Can you reset your cache? Here are the instruction to do it in Safari if you do not wish to also clear history:

You can enable the Develop menu to clear the cache if you don't want to clear your history...

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches

Comment

Oh, just saw this conversation going on.......I get the blank page also but it only lasts about a second. I have no refresh to do. It just brings me to whatever I was doing. So if I just wrote something and hit 'send', I'll see the blank page, then I see the confirmation that my post was succesfully done

Sometimes when I use the quick reply and hit 'send', I'm directed to the "full editor version'' ..have to hit send again.

Comment

I don't want to clear my cache because so many links would get lost. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jasmine
                  Oh, just saw this conversation going on.......I get the blank page also but it only lasts about a second. I have no refresh to do. It just brings me to whatever I was doing. So if I just wrote something and hit 'send', I'll see the blank page, then I see the confirmation that my post was succesfully done

Sometimes when I use the quick reply and hit 'send', I'm directed to the "full editor version'' ..have to hit send again.
                  This is the same thing I get sometimes. As far as I know it's just a problem with this old software. But getting redirected to a completely blank page that doesn't auto-refresh is a much bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
                    I don't want to clear my cache because so many links would get lost. :P
                    Ok so then use the same steps I posted for you earlier but only leave "Empty the cache" checked (still selecting "the beginning of time" from the drop down"). You won't lose any links. Pages just might load a bit slow the first time you load them.

Comment

Test

Edit: It didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X