Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
    That makes sense. My favourite characters are the Lannisters; I liked Tywin, I like Jaime and Cersei, and I LOVE Tyrion. Tyrion is probably the only "good guy" of the bunch, but I feel like Jaime has come a long way in redeeming himself after pushing Bran out of the window.
    Yeah, the Lannister's are my favourite House, too (we're a rare breed, I'm sure).

Jaime's character has done a 360 for sure. Brienne seemed to have changed him. I'm very curious where his story goes from here. I was thinking maybe the Martell's end up using him as a bargaining chip for Dany? I know Dorne has always been pro-Targaryen, and I'm sure Dany would love to get control over the man who killed her father. Maybe it would be a plot to get the Dornish Prince on the Throne?

I loved Tywin, Tyrion is awesome, Jaime is awesome, Cersei is a great character. I loved Joffrey, don't care about Myrcella/Tommen.

Comment

• Isn't Jaime headed back to King's Landing? How would the Martell's use him?

Comment

• It's never really clear who's ship that is. I question why they'd go through with this poisoning if they had Trystane on board. Seems like a death sentence for him.

My theory is that it's a Dornish ship (it even looks like one). If it is, it wouldn't make sense for it to be going back to King's Landing.
        Last edited by Alfie11; 06-19-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Also, here's some random info:

- The Walk of Shame scene wasn't Lena Headey. It was another actress with CGI editing.

- The director of the final episode spoke about the Stannis scene, and seemed to imply he was dead. He noted that Stannis had been through so much in the episode, it was almost like a mercy death the way they wanted to do it.

- Some cool casting news. Seems like they'll be bringing in Randyll Tarly (Sam's dad) and the rest of the family. It also seems like they'll be introducing Euron Greyjoy - Theon's uncle.

- They are also casting a young Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon. I imagine this has to do with Bran's flashback visions he will get through the wierwood trees. Arthur Dayne also seems like he'll be cast, which will be interesting for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
            It's never really clear who's ship that is. I question why they'd go through with this poisoning if they had Trystane on board. Seems like a death sentence for him.

My theory is that it's a Dornish ship (it even looks like one). If it is, it wouldn't make sense for it to be going back to King's Landing.
            That could make sense. My thinking was more that the decision to send Myrcella and Trsytane back was made by Doran Martell, who was at odds with Ellaria Sand. I figured Ellaria poisoned Myrcella as revenge, but that that action would not have been sanctioned by Doran. So unless the ship is run by people more loyal to Ellaria than to Doran, I figure it's going to King's Landing. You definitely make an interesting point though.

Comment

That could make sense. My thinking was more that the decision to send Myrcella and Trsytane back was made by Doran Martell, who was at odds with Ellaria Sand. I figured Ellaria poisoned Myrcella as revenge, but that that action would not have been sanctioned by Doran. So unless the ship is run by people more loyal to Ellaria than to Doran, I figure it's going to King's Landing. You definitely make an interesting point though.
              Well, that's what I originally thought. It went with the storyline this season. However, when word gets back to Doran, I'm sure he'd have Ellaria killed. Plus, the Sand Snakes would be in jeopardy, too.

Something definitely seemed off in Dorne, though. I get that Doran is a calm leader, but he has to have more on his mind than just not starting a war. They hate the Lannister's, and a Lannister and his soldier invaded their land, killed guards, tried to steal the Princess back and very well could have killed the Prince. And all Doran does is send them exactly what they want, except sends his son with her? He seems like he's a very quiet plotter, and a very smart man who has a good endgame in the back of his head.

It could end up being nothing, though. We'll have to see. A strong possibility is that it is exactly how it seemed, and the Dorne scenes were just ... bad. If I'm correct, the entire Dorne storyline was created by the showrunners and was completely different in the books. This makes me pretty scared for the show going forward as they are pretty much out of source material, and although they will consult with the author, most of it will be their creation. The scene with Bronn and the Snakes in the jail cell (Bronn poisoned/most beautiful woman in the world) and the "You want a good girl, but need a bad pussy" line were lowlights of the entire series for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post

Well, that's what I originally thought. It went with the storyline this season. However, when word gets back to Doran, I'm sure he'd have Ellaria killed. Plus, the Sand Snakes would be in jeopardy, too.

Something definitely seemed off in Dorne, though. I get that Doran is a calm leader, but he has to have more on his mind than just not starting a war. They hate the Lannister's, and a Lannister and his soldier invaded their land, killed guards, tried to steal the Princess back and very well could have killed the Prince. And all Doran does is send them exactly what they want, except sends his son with her? He seems like he's a very quiet plotter, and a very smart man who has a good endgame in the back of his head.

It could end up being nothing, though. We'll have to see. A strong possibility is that it is exactly how it seemed, and the Dorne scenes were just ... bad. If I'm correct, the entire Dorne storyline was created by the showrunners and was completely different in the books. This makes me pretty scared for the show going forward as they are pretty much out of source material, and although they will consult with the author, most of it will be their creation. The scene with Bronn and the Snakes in the jail cell (Bronn poisoned/most beautiful woman in the world) and the "You want a good girl, but need a bad pussy" line were lowlights of the entire series for me.
                Agreed, those scenes were terrible. She went from ultra-aggressive to suddenly desperate for his attention, and then genuinely seemed to like him. It didn't make any sense at all.

Comment

Agreed, those scenes were terrible. She went from ultra-aggressive to suddenly desperate for his attention, and then genuinely seemed to like him. It didn't make any sense at all.
                  Yup, absolutely.

The entire jail scene was basically pointless. She poisoned Bronn and he's about to die, she makes him tell her she's the most beautiful woman in the world, and then she gives him the antidote. The only way it makes sense is if that caused Bronn to switch allegiance or something.

Comment

• Josh, what do you think of the rumoured Arthur Dayne casting? There's no confirmation it is Dayne, but here's the casting call:

Legendary Fighter: A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role - the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn't specified, unlike many other roles.

It definitely seems to be Arthur Dayne. It will be extremely interesting to see what the show does with this. The obvious choice is a Tower of Joy flashback - most likely through Bran's visions, but they'd be casting a lot more roles as there was quite a few people there at the time. They seem to be casting a young Ned/Robert, so it's obvious Bran will have flashbacks.

Comment

• That would be really cool and interesting. I definitely want to see more of Bran. I'm not huge on flashbacks though, so I hope we get to see what he's actually doing and I also hope that his story really goes places; I see a lot of potential for his character.

Comment

That would be really cool and interesting. I definitely want to see more of Bran. I'm not huge on flashbacks though, so I hope we get to see what he's actually doing and I also hope that his story really goes places; I see a lot of potential for his character.
                        Me too. I think a lot of that has to do with his flashbacks he'll see, though. He'll obviously see minor things in the grand scheme of things (such as his Father as a young kid playing), but I'm sure he'll also see big things like Lyanna/Rhaegar in love (not if he'll connect the dots on that one, though) and possibly even see how the Walkers were defeated last time around. The first thing I thought when the three-eyed raven said he'd fly was that Bran would warg a dragon.

Just yesterday I read an interesting theory, actually. I guess Cersei has some sort of prophecy about a more beautiful person taking everything she desires. This theory has Brienne (the Beaut) taking everything Cersei desires - Jaime. In the fight with Cersei and Brienne, Cersei is killed but Brienne is injured badly. Jaime gives her the mercy of a quick death which forges a magical sword, like the Azor Ahai prophecy states. There was a chunk of it about Hodor being "The Great Other" but I didn't really read/understand that. But basically the scripts would flip and Jaime Lannister would be the hero fighting the Walkers, while Bran and Hodor would actually been on the other side fighting for them. It would be interesting.

Comment

• Game of Thrones got a ton of nominations for the Emmy's, but here's the big ones:

Peter Dinklage for Outstanding Supporting Actor
                          Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke for Outstanding Supporting Actress
                          Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) for Outstanding Guest Actress)
                          Mother's Mercy for Best Writing for a Drama Series
                          Mother's Mercy and Unbowed, Unbent and Unbroken for Best Directing for a Drama Series
                          I don't think Peter deserved the nomination. A great character, and an even better actor. He deserved the award two years ago, and was even better last year, but his character just wasn't really given the opportunity to compete for an award like this. No doubt he had some great scenes, and certainly made the most of what he was given, but I think Kit Harrington was much better. He's been getting better and better each season and I was expecting him to get nominated this season, especially after his performance in Hardhome. Another good one would have been Stephane Dillane who really came into character last season and continued it over his large amount of screen time this season.

Lena Headey absolutely deserves this nomination. She's a great actress and plays her role really well, but this season was a standout. With Tyrion and Tywin (and even Jaime) gone from King's Landing, it was her job to play the biggest character in the most important place. She was great all season, but her Walk of Shame acting was phenomenal. Emilia Clarke ... I disagree with. She was great in season one, but as her character developed, her acting flaws were highlighted. I find her storyline over the past few seasons to be boring, although you can't help but root for her. I don't find her to be a bad actress, but she's extremely inconsistent. A lot of her ruling scenes are pretty bad, but she has her moments and I liked her in the Meeren Pit scene. Diana Rigg barely got any screen time (hence Guest Actress), especially in Season 5. But, as usual, her scenes were awesome and she was fantastic.

The final three, I'm very confused about. I don't know how Mother's Mercy got nominated for "Best Writing". And how Hardhome wasn't nominated for Best Directing.

Comment

• I think Peter deserves his nomination. Yes, he deserved it even more in the past, but that doesn't take away from his work this season. His character is so perfectly polished.

Comment

• I think he was fine this season, but he just didn't have enough screen time and his character wasn't in enough situations. Do you think he was better than Kit?

Comment

• IS BRAN STANDING!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X