Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

IS BRAN STANDING!?!
    I'd imagine that was one of his visions.

This season looks like it's going to be good. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Davos at Caste Black and Melissandre now that she's lost faith. And how long will it take before we see Jon alive again?

Comment

• March Madness Game of Thrones commercial.

- Drogon flying over the Dolthraki
      - Confirmed Tower of Joy?
      - Battle on horses for the first time in the shows history
      - Wun Wun bursting down the doors of Castle Black
      - The Night's King walking towards a giant flame of fire
      - The scene at the end Josh talked about, a little extended ... the Night's King grabs Bran's arm

Comment

• Amazing episode.

Looking at the preview, next week looks even better, too.

Comment

• OMG! Who has seen Episode 5?! Amazing!!

Comment

• The children of the forest created the White Walkers, but the bit about Hodor (hold the door!) may have been even more intriguing. Basically, it seems that Bran is a time/time-space travelling.. wizard, pretty much. He wargs into boy-Hodor, in a vision (!), controlling (and sacrificing) him in the present - to hold the door as he narrowly escapes being eaten by wights. Meaning, not only can Bran control the past, present, and future - but apparently also suggesting that fate is, for the most part, already set. Hodor has been saying Hodor for as long as we've known him as a character, but it was due to Bran's present mind meld that it occurred so.. wow. I am such a happy mix of confused and intrigued!

Comment

• That Hodor scene may have been the most heartbreaking thing on the show, and I didn't really even care for him. Seeing that not only was Bran the reason for his death, but also the reason for his disabled life was really hard to watch. I was expecting something, but definitely not to this extent. I think them making a point that he could talk normally before was the first hint. Then seeing him interact with the past, with Ned at the Tower of Joy, was the next clue. I thought it might be something like this, but definitely not as crazy and traumatizing as this. It seems like Bran gave him the vision of his brutal death and also crippled his mind at the same time, all because of his actions in the cave.

This is a huge eye-opener for Bran's powers. He can clearly influence the past, but it seems like the ink is dry, so I should say he has already influenced the past. A question I have is how Bran will even achieve his full potential. It seems like he's not even close to where the Three Eyed Raven is now. He seems to have no control over his visions at all, and that's how he ended up in the Walker vision. I have no idea how he'll keep training or have a place to train. One thing I thought of after it happened ... maybe the Three Eyed Raven is some sort of future Bran.

His full potential must be massive. The Raven sacrificed himself and made sure Bran saw the Hodor vision, I guess to allow Bran to eventually be able to warg into him and save them. Summer died. The remaining Children of the Forest died. Hodor died.

Speaking of the Children of the Forest, I was sad to see them all die in the last episode. They've been really mysterious to me and I was pretty excited when we got to see them and see that they were alive. I love that we got a little back story on them and how they made the Walkers, but it sucks knowing they're extinct now (or so it appears)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                That Hodor scene may have been the most heartbreaking thing on the show, and I didn't really even care for him. Seeing that not only was Bran the reason for his death, but also the reason for his disabled life was really hard to watch. I was expecting something, but definitely not to this extent. I think them making a point that he could talk normally before was the first hint. Then seeing him interact with the past, with Ned at the Tower of Joy, was the next clue. I thought it might be something like this, but definitely not as crazy and traumatizing as this. It seems like Bran gave him the vision of his brutal death and also crippled his mind at the same time, all because of his actions in the cave.

This is a huge eye-opener for Bran's powers. He can clearly influence the past, but it seems like the ink is dry, so I should say he has already influenced the past. A question I have is how Bran will even achieve his full potential. It seems like he's not even close to where the Three Eyed Raven is now. He seems to have no control over his visions at all, and that's how he ended up in the Walker vision. I have no idea how he'll keep training or have a place to train. One thing I thought of after it happened ... maybe the Three Eyed Raven is some sort of future Bran.

His full potential must be massive. The Raven sacrificed himself and made sure Bran saw the Hodor vision, I guess to allow Bran to eventually be able to warg into him and save them. Summer died. The remaining Children of the Forest died. Hodor died.

Speaking of the Children of the Forest, I was sad to see them all die in the last episode. They've been really mysterious to me and I was pretty excited when we got to see them and see that they were alive. I love that we got a little back story on them and how they made the Walkers, but it sucks knowing they're extinct now (or so it appears)
                That's a really interesting thought concerning the Raven possibly being future-Bran. The Raven even says "time for you to become me". I took it less literally during the episode, to mean time for Bran to become as powerful as the Raven, but now I think it could have been alluding to exactly what you're thinking; Bran may indeed be the Raven.

What an awesome series. I thought things were complex enough before issues of time/time-travel came into the equation. If I was sold before, I'm hook, line, and sinker now.

Comment

That's a really interesting thought concerning the Raven possibly being future-Bran. The Raven even says "time for you to become me". I took it less literally during the episode, to mean time for Bran to become as powerful as the Raven, but now I think it could have been alluding to exactly what you're thinking; Bran may indeed be the Raven.

What an awesome series. I thought things were complex enough before issues of time/time-travel came into the equation. If I was sold before, I'm hook, line, and sinker now.
                  I agree. I think this aspect will be greeted with mixed reviews in the future. At the end of the day, this is a fantasy series. I'm all for stuff like this.

The rest of the season should be good. I've heard some rumours which could be great, although they could be considered potential spoilers, so PM me if you want me to let you know.

I don't think this will be the last of the Walkers this season. They've only ever appeared once every season, but I have a feeling they'll be a huge part for the ending of the season. There's apparently only 14-16 episodes after the finale of Season 6 ... they need to get moving.

Comment

• I've merged the two topics since the show has now passed the books. There aren't really any spoilers left, and rumours are still only speculation, so have at it :)

Brandon, I'm definitely curious to know what you've heard may be in store. Feel free to post them in the thread.

Comment

• Sure, I'll post them here. I'm not sure how accurate they are

- The first thing I heard was before the season, about the battle between Ramsay and Jon Snow. Pictures of Kit Harrington on set appeared where they had a couple people tied to crosses upside down. Apparently, interestingly enough, it will be the shows first fight scene on horses. I'd imagine this would mean Jon Snow gets support from the rest of the Northern houses he talked about in the last episode. I fully expect Ramsay to die this season, perhaps even being betrayed by the Umber's from inside their own walls. I also expect Littlefinger to show up with the Vale's army, and hopefully even the Blackfish's army will be present. I think this will all go down Episode 9

- Next up is The Hound. I've heard that Episode 7 will have the show re-introduce The Hound and show he is alive. The theory is that Cersei will demand a trial by combat, she's said as much, and The Mountain will be her obvious champion. The faith's will end up being The Hound. I expect the trial by combat to go down in Episode 10.

- The Tower of Joy. I've heard this will be split up into two more parts. It seems like the first part will happen in Episode 6, the next one. It'll be just a small part. But then in Episode 10 will be the big reveal. I think this will go well, because Jon will win the battle at Winterfell and could perhaps discover his parentage through the crypts of Winterfell. I think they could do this really well, with the audience and Jon finding out together.

- Jaime's immediate future plot line is figured out. In the next episode, he'll demand Margarey to be released with the Tyrell army. Apparently Margarey will confess and 'become' a Sparrow. Then he'll head off to the Riverlands, and Bronn will be there, too. Also, at the same time, Brienne will be there. And the Brotherhood Without Banners will return.

- I also heard a rumour of a surprise Wedding this season. No clue about that one

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                        Sure, I'll post them here. I'm not sure how accurate they are

- The first thing I heard was before the season, about the battle between Ramsay and Jon Snow. Pictures of Kit Harrington on set appeared where they had a couple people tied to crosses upside down. Apparently, interestingly enough, it will be the shows first fight scene on horses. I'd imagine this would mean Jon Snow gets support from the rest of the Northern houses he talked about in the last episode. I fully expect Ramsay to die this season, perhaps even being betrayed by the Umber's from inside their own walls. I also expect Littlefinger to show up with the Vale's army, and hopefully even the Blackfish's army will be present. I think this will all go down Episode 9

- Next up is The Hound. I've heard that Episode 7 will have the show re-introduce The Hound and show he is alive. The theory is that Cersei will demand a trial by combat, she's said as much, and The Mountain will be her obvious champion. The faith's will end up being The Hound. I expect the trial by combat to go down in Episode 10.

- The Tower of Joy. I've heard this will be split up into two more parts. It seems like the first part will happen in Episode 6, the next one. It'll be just a small part. But then in Episode 10 will be the big reveal. I think this will go well, because Jon will win the battle at Winterfell and could perhaps discover his parentage through the crypts of Winterfell. I think they could do this really well, with the audience and Jon finding out together.

- Jaime's immediate future plot line is figured out. In the next episode, he'll demand Margarey to be released with the Tyrell army. Apparently Margarey will confess and 'become' a Sparrow. Then he'll head off to the Riverlands, and Bronn will be there, too. Also, at the same time, Brienne will be there. And the Brotherhood Without Banners will return.

- I also heard a rumour of a surprise Wedding this season. No clue about that one
                        Wow, that's all super intriguing. The Ramsay/Snow showdown should be epic. I definitely want to see Ramsay die. I know you like the villains though Brandon.

The Hound returning and fighting his zombie brother would be just amazing. I was a huge fan of the Hound and I definitely want zombie-Mountain to get his just desserts after killing Oberyn Martell, who was one of my favourite characters as well.

Obviously discovering Jon's true lineage would be awesome too. I really think he may be a Targaryen - but can a Targaryen be the Prince who was promised?

Comment

Wow, that's all super intriguing. The Ramsay/Snow showdown should be epic. I definitely want to see Ramsay die. I know you like the villains though Brandon.

The Hound returning and fighting his zombie brother would be just amazing. I was a huge fan of the Hound and I definitely want zombie-Mountain to get his just desserts after killing Oberyn Martell, who was one of my favourite characters as well.

Obviously discovering Jon's true lineage would be awesome too. I really think he may be a Targaryen - but can a Targaryen be the Prince who was promised?
                          I'm fine with Ramsay dying at this point. I do enjoy the villains in this show, such as Joffrey and Ramsay. But these are two characters who act on impulse and don't have the best head on their shoulders. I find that they give these characters a little too long to live. We saw Robb made a couple mistakes and had to pay for them. I think, at this point, Ramsay needs to go. He's killed his father and Warden of the North. He's abused and raped the last known Stark. He tortured and flayed the heir to the Iron Islands. At this point, I think not only should his death be inevitable, but it should be in the form of betrayal.

The only thing I'm confused about with the potential Hound vs Mountain showdown is how The Hound will go about representing the Faith. We'll see him in the Riverlands, likely. So Brienne, Jaime, someone like that will see him. I wonder how they connect those two storylines together. I also think Benjen may appear in the next episode, although I hope not. As cool as that would be to see, he's been gone for six seasons now, he should be dead.

I think a Targaryen definitely could be the Price that was Promised. They represent fire, while the Walkers represent ice

Comment

• Interesting episode last night. Benjen returns to the game, claiming he was stabbed in the gut by a White Walker but revived from the Children the same way Bran saw the Night's King being made. Not sure if this makes him alive or dead, or if it really even matters at this point. It's not a bad cover story to have him appear again, although I still do feel like there's way too long of a gap for him to be missing and then show up again.

Another really interesting part of the episode was Bran getting fed a crazy amount of history within seconds. I saw screencaps online which make it a little easier to process at once. You have Drogon flying over some ship, and then over King's Landing (they've shown the King's Landing one in Season 4). You have the Mad King with his wildfire and yelling to "burn them all". You have what happened at Hardhome last season. The White Walker baby from Season 4. The deaths of Catelyn, Robb, Ned and his own fall. The dragons being born. Young Ned with Lyanna in the Tower of Joy. The Children making the Night's King. And finally, Jaime stabbing the Mad King and sitting on the Throne for himself.

I wonder what's going to happen in King's Landing. Tommen completely caved and gave the Faith even more power, and sent Jaime off to the Riverlands. I also found it funny that they came to save Marg and Loras, yet as soon as they saw Marg fine they forgot about Loras completely.

Comment

• Some very interesting developments in that last episode. Arya is no longer no one, no longer faceless. It almost seems as if her whole time in Braavos was nothing more than plot-filler while her story awaits something more. She'll almost definitely kill the Waif I would think.

Tommen's alliance with the High Sparrow spells disaster. What a shit-show King's Landing is right now.

Daenerys gets her khalasar to be willing to cross the sea in the wooden horses. That's amazing. I'm finally into her story again.

Comment

• Heard some pretty intense rumours:

Cersei won't get her trial by combat, meaning no Hound return. Instead, she'll set the Mountain loose.

Tommen commits suicide.

The Waif may actually be Arya's former instructor Syrio.

In my personal opinion, these Tower of Joy visions are pretty clearly leading to Jon Snow being the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. But.. doesn't that make Jon the Father of Dragons?

Comment

Working...
                                X