Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only NO SPOILERS

Victor, that's a good point, they may just mash the first halves of 4 and 5 together. There's certainly enough content there.

I don't want to make it sound like books 4 and 5 are dull, I think it's just that there's a crazy amount of twists and surprises at the end of book 3 that it's very hard to follow up on.

Comment

Damn it. Oh well, there's always books 6 and 7 to end it on a high. ;)

Comment

The other point I wanted to bring up, is that the producers of the show have already talked to George R R Martin and gotten the basic outline of where the future books are going. So while I wouldn't want to see it happen, it is possible the show overtakes the books at some point.

Comment

Yeah I've read that too. I mean, they have already split from the book considerably more than they had in season 1 and dialogue is almost always different or at least shortened but yeah, I'm not sure what the effect would be. That said, I'm not sure if I would be able to cope with waiting for the next book(s) to come out and then wait for the show to continue.

Comment

I think the best case scenario is book #6 coming out next year. I think there's a 2% George RR Martin will be finished the final book by the due date for season seven, so the best hope is that he'll be done enough where it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Also, with all the hype this final episode is getting and I think it will live up to it, I'm expecting to see the best TV episode I've ever seen. I think Game of Thrones is definitely the best television show out there right now, and depending how the show finishes out it could be one of the best shows of all time. I've never seen a show where EVERY single character has a realistic chance of killed off in the next episode...you never know.

This is the finale song. It's epic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYKNqvsbKw

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
              Yeah I've read that too. I mean, they have already split from the book considerably more than they had in season 1 and dialogue is almost always different or at least shortened but yeah, I'm not sure what the effect would be. That said, I'm not sure if I would be able to cope with waiting for the next book(s) to come out and then wait for the show to continue.
              Well I wouldn't want to see a novelised version of the show either.

Comment

Finale tonight. Can't wait..

Comment

Bran scene: random sci-fi hello.

I never knew I wanted a Brienne vs Hound fight scene but turns out that's exactly what I wanted. Hound :(

Stannis is only an episode too late damn it. But now with Tywin dead, Jaime and Cersei will run the family into the ground. Jump on the Stannis bandwagon before it's too late!

P.S. Daenerys is a bitch to dragons.

Comment

That episode was crazy. Every single scene felt like they could end an average episode on a good note.

The Bran thing really caught me by surprise. I predicted the three-eyed raven would help control the White Walkers...safe to say I'm wrong. First of all, the three-eyed raven is actually a man which was unexpected. Second, it's cool that he'll be able to fly. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually flies and uses his powers to be able to control a dragon...probably Drogon.

The Jon Snow and Stannis scenes were pretty cool. I was a little surprised Stannis was so quick to accept Jon Snow as his family ended up siding with Renly over him back in season two. But, yeah. It looks like Stannis will be running things now. Also, Melissandre looking over at Jon was clear fore-shadowing. It's going to be interested to see what happens there. My theory of Jon Snow being a Targaryen could come into play here as Jon would have king's blood in him.

It looks like Gregor Clegane is not dead...which is sort of sad. But he's going to come back a lot different which will be interesting. Perhaps he'll be so angry and go after Cersei/Jaime, or be really timid. I have no clue.

The Brienne vs Hound scene was awesome. I thought the Hound would win this, but I kind of went into the episode expecting the Hound to die. I don't know where Brienne and Podrick go from here...perhaps to find Sansa who I was surprised didn't have a scene to finish off the season.

The bigger surprise was what happened in King's Landing in this episode. Going into the episode, I thought Tywin was safe. I thought they should have tackled on an extra minute or two and made that Tyrion-Jaime goodbye scene a little longer, but whatever. When he walked into the bathroom and Tywin was there I knew Tyrion would kill him. There was no way he could spare him this late. Varys is a cool character, though. I figured he'd do something sooner rather than later. And I don't think he's done yet. I wonder if Tyrion is going to Essos...or Dorne.

I'm interested to see where Arya goes from here. It's clear she's going to Bravos, but the guy she's looking for won't be there. Perhaps she'll meet up with Tyrion in Essos if they both end up there. I don't know.

With my theories of Jon Snow being a Tragaryen and Bran being able to control the black dragon eventually, plus more of the characters POV's going to be in Essos, I don't think Daenareys is as safe anymore. I used to think she was 100% safe - the last of her dynasty, dragons, the POV for the other half of the shown-world. I think she's becoming expendable, and stupid decisions after stupid decisions will and have backfired on her.

Comment

Yeah I think Tyrion will end up in Dorne. I thought that after that link you posted and the fact I knew Varys would save him.

Also knew Tywin would die but I still couldn't imagine how. Turns out undignified, after proving to be a hypocrite and getting a whore, by his own son (on Father's Day to boot).

Yes, Daenerys minus Jorah was meh, Daenerys minus Jorah and dragons is nothing. I'm annoyed she even exists at this point, she's just going to ruin Stannis' ascent.

Comment

My thoughts were that Tyrion would flee Westeros because, well, he was set to die and instead killed the most known man in the Seven Kingdom's and then fled. But, he only really has to worry about Cersei and she might not even know where he is without the help of Varys. So wait, did you know this would happen through prediction or a spoiler?

I agree about Daenerys. The only thing of any importance she's really done in the entire show is hatch three dragons.

Comment

spoiler. But that's it, no nothing further. I did predict Stannis coming to the Wall.

Comment

Yeah. I figured Stannis would come...it was already known he was going North and I was surprised he didn't show up for the first battle. What did you take of Melissandre eyeing Jon Snow?

Comment

It's not a spoiler anymore, but I won't say any more than this unless you guys want to know: they left a HUGE part out of Tyrion's reason for going back and killing Tywin before meeting Varys. I was pretty disappointed, as I was most anticipating the conversation between Jaime and Tyrion that should have illuminated that reasoning, but instead was cut to an unrealistically short scene.

Comment

I was just about to post about that. Yeah, I just read today.

Comment

Working...
                                X