Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh
    started a topic Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

This thread is for discussion related to both the show (Game of Thrones) and the series of novel (A Song of Ice and Fire). Spoilers are allowed in this thread, so read it at your own risk!

• Josh
    replied
    Oh yeah (about the wall). More proof I need to go back and watch them all again!

I really have no idea what will happen with the dragons. I could see Viserion killing Rhaegal and then being killed by Drogon, but I could also see Viserion killing both and surviving until Bran/NK dies.

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfie11

What do you think will happen?

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh View Post

Yeah, it's definitely a bummer. That said, I think I'm going to try to watch the first 7 seasons again leading up to the final season. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they're going to take it, and trying to stay away from spoilers. I have a pretty good idea of what will go down though.
    What do you think will happen?

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Yeah, it's definitely a bummer. That said, I think I'm going to try to watch the first 7 seasons again leading up to the final season. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they're going to take it, and trying to stay away from spoilers. I have a pretty good idea of what will go down though.

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Brandon, don't you just love how Karlsson had the most original - and probably best - answers?

https://www.nhl.com/video/puck-perso...912/c-53538403

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Brandon, what are your thoughts on this?

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/...hrone/1963090/
    They raise some good points.

I'm torn on what I think the ending will be. On one hand, I don't see Martin doing a stereotypical Jon-Dany marriage, defeat the Walkers and take the Throne type of ending.

However, the books are a song of Ice and Fire. To me, that's either: Jon Snow, or Jon and Dany.

This is all assuming they are going to use Martin's ending as their own. He's said that as many as 16 characters who have died in the show will appear in his next book Winds.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Brandon, what are your thoughts on this?

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/...hrone/1963090/

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    About that Valonqar prophecy..

Cersei is supposed to have three children. All are supposed to die before her. And her brother is supposed to kill her. So it makes a lot of sense to me that she does in childbirth - then she never has a fourth child, and it's technically Jaime's "fault".

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    I'm interested to see how this ends.

The Walkers had a good season. They took down the Wall and added a dragon to their army. The Winterfell scenes I found pretty odd, especially Arya-Sansa. Apparently there was a cut scene where Bran reveals to Sansa what happened. I think it would have been better, although less surprising, if they added that scene in.

I do feel bad for the showrunners. It seems like since the show has caught the books, Martin has given them very little to work with. At times you can tell the difference between the two, but it wasn't a bad season at all. I'm glad we finally got to see what dragons could do in battle.

Rumours are next season wont start until 2019. Hoping that's not the case.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
    Josh, what were your thoughts on E2? I'm pumped to see the long awaited Dany - Jon scenes, but also looking forward to seeing Tyrion and Jon cross patches again.
    Yeah, it was kind of an "in-between" type episode, I found. Of course Euron's massacre was pretty big, but it still felt like much of the rest of the episode was laying more foundation. No complaints though. I can't wait for E3, but I'm not watching it until tomorrow night. No spoilers yet :P

After tonight's episode there are only 10 more left, and only 4 more this season!

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    Josh, what were your thoughts on E2? I'm pumped to see the long awaited Dany - Jon scenes, but also looking forward to seeing Tyrion and Jon cross patches again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X