Report: Alfie is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Report: Alfie is done

I need to know something...just what is Toronto's problem with Alfie? Is it really all that one hit on Tucker? Are they just super jealous? All I've heard and read in comments is people saying he was dirty, no class, not even that good of a player etc. etc...

I never felt this militantly angry at Mats Sundin...?

Comment

I was always under the impression it stemmed from just being the captain during the peak of the rivalry. Unlike Sundin, Alfredsson was getting under Maple Leaf fans' skins through different ways (fake stick throw, hit from behind, etc).

But I've always gotten the vibe, at least since the rivalry cooled down post-lockout, that most mature (no internet commenter is ever mature :p) Leaf fans don't really *hate* Alfredsson. I think they just sort of boo him and hate on him for fun, which is cool. Sort of like how Heatley is now. When he comes back to Ottawa, I don't think many people still *hate* him. They just boo and hate on him for fun.

I dunno, that's just my impression. I think for Sundin he was just a quiet player, did his thing and left the ice. Personally, I couldn't really say I had any feelings for Sundin (negative or positive).

Comment

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/639880

Comment

Thanks for sharing :)

Comment

Alfie officially retiring on December 4th in Ottawa

Comment

Working...
            X