X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasmine
    Hall of Fame Member
    • Sep 2013

Cameron extended 2 years

The Ottawa Senators and coach Dave Cameron have agreed to terms on a two-year contract. It will be signed once a technical point is resolved, Senators general manager Bryan Murray said Thursday. "It's agreed to and we're waiting on some language," Murray said. "One paragraph to make it firm."

The Ottawa Senators and coach Dave Cameron have agreed to terms on a new two-year contract.
  • Matt the Aussie
    Hall of Fame Member
    • Sep 2013

Well now I want to know what this "language" is lol...

I had my doubts but the team seem to have responded well to him.

Comment

• Alfie11
      Hall of Fame Member
      • Sep 2013

Not a big fan of this move. Why not wait until mid-season or even when the season is done? If we start poor or have a poor year and can him, that's two unnecessary years we're paying him.

Comment

• Matt the Aussie
        Hall of Fame Member
        • Sep 2013

Well to be fair, he came in part way through this season and we already did wait until the entire season was done. I don't know if you could have convinced Cameron to continue in an Interim role with no job security into next season.

Comment

• Alfie11
          Hall of Fame Member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Matt the Aussie
          Well to be fair, he came in part way through this season and we already did wait until the entire season was done. I don't know if you could have convinced Cameron to continue in an Interim role with no job security into next season.
          That's fair. But did they not name him head coach instead of an interim role the day he was promoted?

Comment

• Matt the Aussie
            Hall of Fame Member
            • Sep 2013

Oh, no I just thought he was on the same contract but promoted from assistant on a temporary basis? Not sure now...

Comment

• Alfie11
              Hall of Fame Member
              • Sep 2013

I seem to recall Murray letting everyone know that Cameron was hired as a head coach and not just an interim coach. I could be wrong about that, though. And I'm not sure exactly how the coaching contracts work and whatnot.

Comment

• Jasmine
                Hall of Fame Member
                • Sep 2013

The agreement is now official.

Comment

• Josh
                  Legendary Owner
                  • Sep 2013

Nice :)

Comment

Working...