Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade: Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade: Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones

    The Columbus Blue Jackets traded center Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for defenseman Seth Jones on Wednesday.

  • #2
    Winner is Nashville now, Blue Jackets in a few years in my opinion.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool thing is they run into eachother at the airport...one on is way in and the other on his way out.

      http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...port&id=569864

      Comment


      • #4

        Originally posted by Jasmine
        Cool thing is they run into eachother at the airport...one on is way in and the other on his way out.

        http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...port&id=569864
        Wow, how neat is that? The more I think about this, the more I like this for Nashville. RyJo is going to be huge for them.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think its awesome that they got to spend a few mins alone together, away from the press...and got to exchange on what to look forward to in eachother's new beginning. New City, new teammates, new everything.

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by Jasmine
            I think its awesome that they got to spend a few mins alone together, away from the press...and got to exchange on what to look forward to in eachother's new beginning. New City, new teammates, new everything.
            Yeah, except Jones probably had great things to say about Nashville while Johansen likely wasn't selling Columbus too high.. lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Ryan Johansen's first game with Nashville. His first shift, in the first period. Takes his first shot, scores his first goal.

              And what a shot! Even Varlamov was like "wtf just happened?"

              Comment


              • #8
                What a great goal!

                Originally posted by Josh View Post


                Yeah, except Jones probably had great things to say about Nashville while Johansen likely wasn't selling Columbus too high.. lol
                Maybe not, but he could still give some ... well.. a little hope for some fun things to do around town

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think Jones will be a great player, but I really like this deal from Nashville's point of view. When was the last time they've had a superstar forward, especially a centre? With Johansen they get a 6'3, 23 year old centre that already has a 70 point season, 60 point season and 30 goal season under his belt. He's shown he's a multi-dimensional threat who can be dangerous all over the ice. They have the defense, they have the goaltending, now they're finally making moves to get the offense.

                  Come to think of it, it's pretty impressive that Columbus got a Seth Jones calibre player, though. You don't see that much.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Originally posted by Alfie11
                    I think Jones will be a great player, but I really like this deal from Nashville's point of view. When was the last time they've had a superstar forward, especially a centre? With Johansen they get a 6'3, 23 year old centre that already has a 70 point season, 60 point season and 30 goal season under his belt. He's shown he's a multi-dimensional threat who can be dangerous all over the ice. They have the defense, they have the goaltending, now they're finally making moves to get the offense.

                    Come to think of it, it's pretty impressive that Columbus got a Seth Jones calibre player, though. You don't see that much.
                    Great post, fully agreed. Nashville comes out on top, but Jones seems like the very most Columbus could have hoped to get for a disgruntled player.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yup. I'd say Nashville came out on top, but Columbus definitely didn't get a bad deal here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If Pekka Rinne stopped being a bitch then the Predators would be instant contenders now that they have a number one center.

                        Forsberg - Johansen - Neal
                        Wilson - Ribeiro - Smith
                        Salomaki - Fisher - Jarnkrok
                        Nystrom - Gaustad - Watson

                        Josi - Weber
                        Ekholm - Ellis
                        Bitetto - Jackman

                        Rinne

                        Plus they have prospects like Sissons, Arvidsson and Fiala (!!) coming up soon. That third pairing on defense will play such minimal minutes that it won't really mean anything either.

                        Columbus definitely got an awesome building block for their own blue line, too, and now build around Murray and Jones back there, but it'll only truly work, IMO, if they get the 1st overall pick and draft Auston Matthews so they get the #1 center they need back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
                          If Pekka Rinne stopped being a bitch then the Predators would be instant contenders now that they have a number one center.

                          Forsberg - Johansen - Neal
                          Wilson - Ribeiro - Smith
                          Salomaki - Fisher - Jarnkrok
                          Nystrom - Gaustad - Watson

                          Josi - Weber
                          Ekholm - Ellis
                          Bitetto - Jackman

                          Rinne

                          Plus they have prospects like Sissons, Arvidsson and Fiala (!!) coming up soon. That third pairing on defense will play such minimal minutes that it won't really mean anything either.

                          Columbus definitely got an awesome building block for their own blue line, too, and now build around Murray and Jones back there, but it'll only truly work, IMO, if they get the 1st overall pick and draft Auston Matthews so they get the #1 center they need back.
                          Great post man, agreed with everything. Nashville is set in goal too; not just with Rinne and Hutton but with prospects Juuse Saros and Marek Mazanec as well.

                          You make a good point about Columbus too with the probable top pick. It wouldn't have made much sense for them to draft a C if they still had Johansson, and D take much longer development. Jones + Matthews or Nylander is probably better than Johansson + Chychrun in the short term.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X