Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 43 - @ Capitals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game 43 - @ Capitals

    Coming off a huge 2-1 thrilling win against Boston, the Sens are right back at it against Washington. Both teams will have their backup goalie in, and Alex Ovechkin sits at 499 career goals

  • #2
    I feel like we are going to get crushed tonight. Not sure why, I just have the feeling it will be a blowout and not in our favour.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, contrary to you, I feel like its gonna be a tight game..2-1 Caps. Ovi will be blancked...trying too hard to get to 500. :) Wishfull thinking! Go Sens!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the Sens will pull out a close win here

        Comment


        • #5
          But that won't help. 1-0 Caps

          Comment


          • #6
            It's not like I didn't warn you guys.. :(

            Comment


            • #7
              And...Josh was right.

              7-1 Caps. Ovechkin with #501 and #502

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
                And...Josh was right.

                7-1 Caps. Ovechkin with #501 and #502
                Errr, #500 and #501..

                Comment


                • #9
                  It was wishfull thinking on my part...but they didn't play to challenge that team in any ways. They even managed to play shorhanded early on, when they were not suppose to be in that position...someone just forgot to jump in ....They find new ways to lose, its amazing. I'm not denying the Caps are a hot team right now but still....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Way too many defensive breakdowns

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know it wouldn't have made a difference, but why weren't the Caps given a bench minor when the whole team jumped off to congratulate Ovie? I get that it's a huge accomplishment and I'm totally cool with them doing it - I don't see it as disrespectful and I highly doubt it would have changed the outcome - but shouldn't they technically have been given one?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        I know it wouldn't have made a difference, but why weren't the Caps given a bench minor when the whole team jumped off to congratulate Ovie? I get that it's a huge accomplishment and I'm totally cool with them doing it - I don't see it as disrespectful and I highly doubt it would have changed the outcome - but shouldn't they technically have been given one?
                        Technically, yes. But I believe the Capitals would have asked the league in advance if it was fine, and given permission to do so. I think it was the Capitals in 2010 with Mike Green's goal scoring record where they got permission from the league to do the same, and it was approved.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Originally posted by Alfie11

                          Technically, yes. But I believe the Capitals would have asked the league in advance if it was fine, and given permission to do so. I think it was the Capitals in 2010 with Mike Green's goal scoring record where they got permission from the league to do the same, and it was approved.
                          Cool, I didn't know that. That makes a lot of sense and you can see why the league would approve - it makes the video that much more exciting :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would agree that this is worth everyone jumping on the ice for. I would have given them permission also. :) Its too bad it was against Ottawa but really, it doesn't matter. The achievement on its own has to be recognized by all hockey fans and their mom...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                              I would agree that this is worth everyone jumping on the ice for. I would have given them permission also. :) Its too bad it was against Ottawa but really, it doesn't matter. The achievement on its own has to be recognized by all hockey fans and their mom...
                              Hahaha, yeah exactly

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X