Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will hoist the Stanley Cup this season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who do you think will hoist the Stanley Cup this season?

    Now that the NHL has entered into December we have seen a good sample of each NHL team. Is Edmonton and the Blue Jackets for real? What team that is off to a fast start will bomb? Will there be a slow start team that takes off ? Here are my predictions, what are yours?

    Eastern Conference

    #1. Penguins
    #2 Canadians
    #3 Rangers
    #4 Lightning
    #5 Capitals
    #6 Bruins
    #7 Senators
    #8 Flyers

    Western Conference

    #1 Sharks
    #2 Blackhawks
    #3 Blues
    #4 Wild
    #5 Ducks
    #6 Predators
    #7 Kings
    #8 Oilers

    Round 1 Match Ups

    Penguins over Flyers
    Canadians over Senators
    Bruins over Rangers
    Capitals over Lightning
    Sharks over Oilers
    Blackhawks over Kings
    Predators over Blues
    Wild over Ducks

    Round 2 Match Ups

    Penguins over Capitals
    Bruins over Canadians
    Sharks over Wild :(
    Blackhawks over Predators

    Round 3 Match Ups

    Penguins over Bruins
    Blackhawks over Sharks

    Stanley Cup Finals

    Blackhawks over Penguins

  • #2
    I think the Capitals could go deep and win it all this year. They've had some bad luck this season but if they can put it together they're a huge threat.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Josh View Post
      I think the Capitals could go deep and win it all this year. They've had some bad luck this season but if they can put it together they're a huge threat.
      The Capitals definitely have a strong team pretty much everywhere.

      Comment


      • #4
        Really hard to say. There's no team in West that seems that great. In the East, Montreal or New York look pretty good but I can't see them doing it.

        I havw a feeling it won't be a team that finishes first in their division. Washington is a good pick.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
          Really hard to say. There's no team in West that seems that great. In the East, Montreal or New York look pretty good but I can't see them doing it.

          I havw a feeling it won't be a team that finishes first in their division. Washington is a good pick.
          Doesn't it always seem to come down to which Goalie gets hot during the playoffs?

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...year&id=596025

            Comment


            • #7
              I love how their explanation for this is basically "stranger things have happened".

              Comment


              • #8
                There's a lot of teams (Sens included) that are being driven by goalie performance. If hot goaltending continues, they will be successful.

                I'd love to get the Habs first round, honestly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post
                  There's a lot of teams (Sens included) that are being driven by goalie performance. If hot goaltending continues, they will be successful.

                  I'd love to get the Habs first round, honestly.
                  Ideally, teams want to get the Habs in the second round, which is where they tend to fizzle out. They're generally a pretty good first round team, but second round on is where they've run out of gas because they typically are undersized and tend to be beat up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SomeGuyNamedRob

                    Ideally, teams want to get the Habs in the second round, which is where they tend to fizzle out. They're generally a pretty good first round team, but second round on is where they've run out of gas because they typically are undersized and tend to be beat up.
                    Good point. I wonder if this would still hold true though, what with Radulov, Shaw, and Weber on the team now..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Josh View Post

                      Good point. I wonder if this would still hold true though, what with Radulov, Shaw, and Weber on the team now..
                      Problem is Weber runs out of gas hard by the end of year. He really was a no show in his last few playoff games last season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the teams with the best chance all come out of the east and they re the Rangers, Penguins, and Capitals.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No New Jersey Devils. Don't know if they will raise the Stanley Cup over there heads after it all, but they will make it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe the Sens?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X