X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stale Centurion logo?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...vamp-1.3955966

Sens all-timers revealed. http://www.sens25.com/anniversaryteam/

Kelly beating out McEachern and Michalek kinda leaves me scratching my head. 22 has never had a 20 goal season in Ottawa. 15 had two 30-goal seasons and 9 had a 35-goaler.

Everything else checks out with me.

Comment

Yeah, Kelly was the sore thumb when I read it, too. Great role player, but not sure he belongs here. Vermette could be in question, too. Only about 4.5 seasons with the club and wasn't a dominant force or anything (a very solid player, though).

You do this in a year or so, and Kelly for sure isn't on the list and Vermette probably isn't, either. Mark Stone is already knocking on that door and Hoffman isn't far behind.

Comment

I think Vermette is a worse choice than Kelly. Kelly's 9th in games played for the team and 3rd among players actively playing for the team.

Here's how I rank the forwards all-time

1 - Alfredsson
        2 - Neil
        3 - Spezza
        4 - Yashin
        5 - Bonk
        6 - Heatley
        7 - Fisher
        8 - Hossa
        9 - Turris
        10 - Smith
        11 - McEachern
        12 - Kelly
        13 - Michalek
        14 - Stone
        15 - Havlat
        16 - Vermette
        17 - Ryan
        18 - Hoffman

So my team vs the official team sees Smith and McEachern in over Havlat and Vermette.

If Spezza and Yashin hadn't ended their career's here controversially, I might not have Neil 2nd.
        I could see Turris being as high as 4th on this list by the end of his career. Possibly higher if he plays past 35.
        I don't see Smith ever being considered higher than 10th, and I expect him to be passed by Stone soon.
        I don't see Kelly ever being considered higher than 12th, and I expect him to be passed by Stone soon.
        I could see Stone being as high as 5th on this list by the end of his career. Possibly higher if he plays past 35.
        Who the hell knows what could happen with Ryan.
        Who the hell knows what could happen with Hoffman.

Comment

I'll be devastated if Stone doesn't end up top five and Hoffman top ten.

Comment

Working...
          X