Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protected players list of all 30 teams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Protected players list of all 30 teams

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-reveals-protec...draft-1.782246

  • #2
    One name that is coming out as unprotected: DET G Petr Mrazek. With Marc-Andre Fleury going to LV, that's an interesting one.- Elliott Friedman

    Remember that any UFA/RFA signed by Vegas before Wednesday counts as its expansion draft pick from that team - Pierre Lebrun

    Interestingly, the Islanders protect 5 D and 3 Forwards. Source indicates Isles will give up a 1st round pick to keep Vegas off forwards. - Darren Dregger
    Last edited by Jasmine; 06-18-2017, 10:03 AM.

    Comment


    • #3


      In other words, they want picks........and a few players of course!

      Comment


      • #4
        So... top 3 choices from each team available for Vegas to pick (not counting any side deals that will definitely take place -- CBJ, NYI, ANA have them for sure, apparently). --

        ANAHEIM - D Sami Vatanen, D Josh Manson, LW Nic Kerdiles
        ARIZONA - LW Jamie McGinn, RW Brad Richardson, G Louis Domingue
        BOSTON - D Colin Miller, G Malcolm Subban, D Joe Morrow
        BUFFALO - D Zach Bogosian, LW William Carrier, G Linus Ullmark
        CALGARY - C Hunter Shinkaruk, RW Troy Brouwer, LW Lance Bouma
        CAROLINA - RW Lee Stempniak, LW Joakim Nordstrom, G Eddie Lack
        CHICAGO - D Trevor vanRiemsdyk, C Dennis Rasmussen, C Marcus Kruger
        COLORADO - G Calvin Pickard, C Mikhail Grigorenko, C Carl Soderberg
        COLUMBUS - C William Karlsson, RW Josh Anderson, D Jack Johnson
        DALLAS - C Cody Eakin, D Dan Hamhuis, D Jamie Oleksiak
        DETROIT - G Petr Mrazek, D Xavier Ouellet, C Darren Helm
        EDMONTON - LW Benoit Pouliot, D Griffin Reinhart, LW Jujhar Khaira
        FLORIDA - RW Reilly Smith, LW Jonathan Marchessault, D Jason Demers
        LOS ANGELES - D Brayden McNabb, C Nic Dowd, C Jordan Nolan
        MINNESOTA - D Matt Dumba, C Eric Staal, C Erik Haula
        MONTREAL - LW Charles Hudon, C Tomas Plekanec, D Alexei Emelin
        NASHVILLE - LW James Neal, C Colton Sissons, RW Pontus Aberg
        NEW JERSEY - LW Mike Cammalleri, G Scott Wedgewood, RW Beau Bennett
        NY ISLANDERS - D Calvin de Haan, C Brock Nelson, C Ryan Strome
        NY RANGERS - G Antti Raantta, RW Michael Grabner, C Oscar Lindberg
        OTTAWA - D Marc Methot, LW Clarke MacArthur, RW Bobby Ryan
        PHILADELPHIA - LW Michael Raffl, G Michal Neuvirth, RW Matt Read
        PITTSBURGH - G Marc-Andre Fleury, RW Bryan Rust, LW Carl Hagelin
        SAN JOSE - D David Schlemko, RW Joel Ward, LW Mikkel Boedker
        ST. LOUIS - RW David Perron, C Jori Lehtera, RW Ty Rattie
        TAMPA BAY - D Jake Dotchin, D Jason Garrison, LW Cedric Paquette
        TORONTO - LW Kerby Rychel, C Brendan Leipsic, G Anton Bibeau
        VANCOUVER - C Brendan Guance, LW Reid Boucher, RW Anton Rodin
        WASHINGTON - G Philipp Grubauer, D Nate Schmidt, RW Stanislav Galiev
        WINNIPEG - C Marko Dano, C Shawn Matthias, D Tobias Enstrom


        and now to draft a team on capfriendly for fun, trying to factor in some side deals and figure those out --

        (LVK takes TvR and Kruger from CHI)

        James Neal - Vadim Shipachev - Lee Stempniak
        Jamie McGinn - Jonathan Marchessault - Marko Dano
        Michael Raffl - Cody Eakin - William Karlsson
        Lance Bouma - Marcus Kruger - Oscar Lindberg
        Charles Hudon - Brendan Guance - Ty Rattie
        Kerby Rychel - Cedric Paquette - Nic Kerdiles

        Marc Methot - Matt Dumba
        Calvin de Haan - Zach Bogosian
        David Schlemko - Trevor van Riemsdyk
        Griffin Reinhart - Brayden McNabb

        Marc-Andre Fleury - Phillip Grubauer - Petr Mrazek - Calvin Pickard - Scott Wedgewood - Malcolm Subban

        ...and if this happened in this scenario, Vegas would 100% flip Mrazek and Pickard for additional assets to teams who need a goalie like Arizona, Philadelphia, Winnipeg, Vancouver (if Miller leaves), and they'd also flip a few forwards depending on the fits.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the Sens will work out a deal to keep Methot in Ottawa. Vegas likely selects Chris Wideman or Freddy Claesson. I don't think Bobby/MacArthur are good options for their team.

          Comment


          • #6
            That feel when Vegas is going to have better center and defense than the Habs lmfao

            Comment


            • #7
              OK so I worked pretty hard on this. I think this is the most competitive team possible while still having a solid cupboard of prospects. This team is compliant in every sense; all positional requirements are met, the salary cap is respected ($7,396,217 remaining), and in fact every single player is already under contract. Every player is slotted at his natural position and even the defensemen are each playing their natural side. I've made no trades.

              Starting Lineup:
              David Perron (STL) - Eric Staal (MIN) - James Neal (NSH)
              Matt Moulson (BUF) - William Karlsson (CBJ) - Michael Grabner (NYR)
              Carl Hagelin (PIT) - Alex Burmistrov (ARI) - Lee Stempniak (CAR)
              Reid Boucher (VAN) - Shawn Matthias (WPG) - Alexandre Burrows (OTT)
              *Nick Shore (LAK)

              Calvin de Haan (NYI) - Jason Demers (FLA)
              David Schlemko (SJS) - Sami Vatanen (ANA)
              Nate Schmidt (WSH) - Andrej Sustr (TBL)
              *Trevor van Riemsdyk (CHI)

              Calvin Pickard (COL)
              Kari Lehtonen (DAL)

              *Shore and van Riemsdyk swap in and out depending on whether the team carries a 13th forward or 7th defenseman.

              Prospects:

              C - Hunter Shinkaruk (CGY)
              LW - Kerby Rychel (TOR)
              LW - Jujhar Khaira (EDM)
              LW - Taylor Leier (PHI)
              RW - Stefan Noesen (NJD)
              D - Nikita Nesterov (MTL)
              D - Xavier Ouellet (DET)
              G - Malcolm Subban (BOS)

              Comment


              • #8
                I just cannot see how, of all the options that Ottawa has available, they would end up choosing Burrows? Is this like - take Burrows and we'll also give you a pick? Maybe I guess...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Islanders side deal is that Vegas takes Grabovski and they'll give LVK their 1st round pick, so there's one that we supposedly know of.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It seems like these are the following side deals we know of atm --

                    ANA - so they don't take Manson or Vatanen
                    CBJ - so they don't take Anderson, Johnson or Korpisalo
                    NYI - 1st round pick to take Grabovski
                    TBL - so they don't take their "young D" (Koekkoek and Dotchin)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ottawa didn't make a deal with Vegas, and Vegas is taking a lot of D, so the Sens are going to lose Methot.

                      Really surprised we didnt dangle around our first round pick. Could have probably saved the D and had them take someone irrelevant.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Do you know this for a fact?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                          Do you know this for a fact?
                          I don't know they will be taking Methot. However, Lebrun tweeted that a deal wasn't made between Ottawa and Vegas to protect anyone. And McPhee came out and said they are going to claim a bunch of defensemen.

                          I'd say it's a 99% chance Vegas takes Methot. The 1% is an off chance they want to go young, cheap and with potential, and take Claesson.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Or..they take Boro. I keep repeating it, maybe it will come true! :fingersx:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
                              Or..they take Boro. I keep repeating it, maybe it will come true! :fingersx:
                              I forgot you said that. Here's to hoping haha

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X