X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh
    replied
    Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
    NHL awards are a joke mostly. Why do just media vote? I get giving media a say, but they should be split between media and actual hockey people. Maybe 25% players, 25% coaches and managers, 25% analytics people, and 25% media.
    That would be an excellent idea!

Leave a comment:

• matchesmalone
    replied
    NHL awards are a joke mostly. Why do just media vote? I get giving media a say, but they should be split between media and actual hockey people. Maybe 25% players, 25% coaches and managers, 25% analytics people, and 25% media.

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
    At this point I believe there's some conspiracy to make sure Karlsson never surpasses Lidstrom in terms of Norris trophies lol. That's two years in a row now.
    I'm not big into conspiracies but there has to be something fishy going on when two voters leave him off their ballot. You can look at his play, and his stats, and come to the conclusion there were five better players at his position this year?

Maybe you're right. Lidstrom won seven of them. If Karlsson wasn't screwed over, he'd have four. If he wasn't injured, he could have even more.

Leave a comment:

• Dean Ambrose
    replied
    At this point I believe there's some conspiracy to make sure Karlsson never surpasses Lidstrom in terms of Norris trophies lol. That's two years in a row now.

Leave a comment:

• Matt the Aussie
    replied
    I'd also heard there were two ballots received where Karlsson wasn't even in the top 5. Let that sink in for a second.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmine
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine
    replied
    Want to be even more pissed - 7 voters voted him 4th and 5th D in the league. Someone voted 1st for Weber..and someone voted a 2nd place for Krug. Let all that sink in for a moment.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 06-21-2017, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfie11

So, when Karlsson outscores Doughty by 31 (!!!) points, his defensive game isn't good enough and Doughty wins. Karlsson comes back and has a spectacular defensive season, but the guy who outscores him by five points (in five extra games) wins the Norris.

Something seems wrong.
    I'm beyond upset. Even if one disregarded the terrible optics you've pointed out, Karlsson deserved it on merit alone - both this season and last.

Leave a comment:

• Alfie11
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Burns wins the Norris..
    So, when Karlsson outscores Doughty by 31 (!!!) points, his defensive game isn't good enough and Doughty wins. Karlsson comes back and has a spectacular defensive season, but the guy who outscores him by five points (in five extra games) wins the Norris.

Something seems wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    started a topic 2017 NHL Awards

2017 NHL Awards

Burns wins the Norris..
Working...
X