No announcement yet.

Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4. Detroit - Lucas Raymond - I honestly think Hakan Andersson is one of the all-time greats. And I honestly think Lucas Raymond could be the best player out of this draft. I think he'll see it.

Comment

• 5. Ottawa - Jake Sanderson - not the flashiest or most exciting player, but after already getting Byfield I don't think the fans will mind too much.

Comment

• 6. Anaheim - Jamie Drysdale - Bob Murray usually picks CHL early. He likes Sweden too so could be Holtz, but Drysdale would seem to be the consensus BPA here.

Comment

• 7. New Jersey - Cole Perfetti - not much draft history for Fitzgerald as a head GM so I went mainly off his amateur scouting directors, and CHL seems most likely.

Comment

• 8. Buffalo - Alexander Holtz - Buffalo let go of their GM and most of their top hockey ops and scouting staff, so it is next to impossible to have any idea what they might do at the draft, but there is a clear BPA here in my opinion, and imagine him taking feeds from Jack Eichel.
            Last edited by matchesmalone; 07-13-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Well it's a bit early to brag, but already some of the players I was iconoclastically high on are off to great starts. I haven't got a chance to watch any games yet, but I will be starting this week.

Shakir Mukhamadullin has 6 points in 12 KHL games so far, averaging 12 minutes per game, up from his average of 3 minutes last year as 7th defenseman.

Rodion Amirov has 2 points in 3 VHL games, to go with 5 points in 8 KHL games. He is averaging more than 14 mins per game in KHL; small sample size still, but that's more TOI than any of the top U20 players had over there last year, including top prospects Denisenko, Dorofeyev, Marchenko or Voronkov.

And my favorite (hopefully future favorite Sen) Lucas Raymond has 2 points in his first 3 games, and appears to be capturing the imagination of his coach as well as the fans, as his ice time has increased significantly each game, from 12 to 15 to 18 mins.

Comment

• 9. Minnesota - Anton Lundell - The next Mikko Koivu. Their scouting and management situation leads me to believe they'll go Europe.

Comment

• 10. Winnipeg Jets - Jack Quinn - My sense is they will prefer to pick from North America. A lot of people seem to think Jack Quinn is top ten material.

Comment

• 11. Nashville - Marco Rossi - David Poile and scouting director since 2008 Jeff Kealty pick from all over, but in recent years they seem to have their most success out of North America. They don't make a habit of picking sub-5'10 players, but have had some success with smaller players like Ryan Ellis and Viktor Arvidsson.

Comment

• Shoot. Askarov will probably go before then. I might have to revise some picks. The first few are the most important because all the dominoes fall from there. It's so goddamn hard this year with all the new management situations among the basement teams. Makes sense though I guess. I picked Holtz for Buffalo at 8 blind to what their management situation would be.

Comment

• Fuck it. I'm just gonna run with it.

12. Florida - Kaiden Guhle - After they just picked Spencer Knight last year, I doubt they take another goalie this high. The current regime likes the CHL.

Comment

• 13. Carolina - Yaroslav Askarov - Don Waddell is not shy to pick a goalie high, a la Kari Lehtonen second overall. The Canes have a big scouting staff, including a solid presence in Europe and one scout based out of Russia.

Comment

• 14. Edmonton - Dawson Mercer - DAS Tyler Wright most often picks from North America early, and has had success from the Q.

Comment

• Josh, are there any dark horses you think could break into the top ten aside from the consensus group? Or anyone who could get into the first round that not expected to?

Comment

• 15. Toronto - Jacob Perreault - all of their early picks under the current regime have been from OHL or Sweden, and they've had great success with both regions. Limited data so far, but it is definitive so I have to go with it. Gunler, Wallinder or Mysak would also be options.

Comment

Working...
                                X