Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfie11 View Post
    Really excited to watch Tkachuk play today
    Remember that time not even ten days ago? Yeah, me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Aussie View Post

Way to harsh the mellow Josh
      Don't shoot the messenger!

Comment

• Me two weeks ago: Tkachuk is a waste of a first-rounder.
        Me today: How can the Senators win without Tkachuk?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by thedaigle1 View Post
          Me two weeks ago: Tkachuk is a waste of a first-rounder.
          Me today: How can the Senators win without Tkachuk?!?
          Don't worry, I believe Max McCormick is about to return from injury... :(

Comment

• Christian Jaros was paired with Borocop last night and on the ice primarily with Ottawa's fourth line. Christian Jaros was matched up against Boston's M-B-P line and deployed 50/50 in zone starts. Christian Jaros had a +8.12 Corsi-for percentage relative to teammates at 5 on 5 (score and venue adjusted) according to NST. I'm fucking speechless. Yes it's an EXTREMELY small sample size and possibly an aberration. I, for one, am fucking stoked about Jaros' potential though.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedaigle1 View Post
              Christian Jaros was paired with Borocop last night and on the ice primarily with Ottawa's fourth line. Christian Jaros was matched up against Boston's M-B-P line and deployed 50/50 in zone starts. Christian Jaros had a +8.12 Corsi-for percentage relative to teammates at 5 on 5 (score and venue adjusted) according to NST. I'm fucking speechless. Yes it's an EXTREMELY small sample size and possibly an aberration. I, for one, am fucking stoked about Jaros' potential though.
              Christian Jaros had a superb game last night and all while playing with human anchor Boro. Also, shout out to Paul Carey, he turned over the puck like 3-4 times on one shift and created a scoring chance. He's gotta be racking up those BoucherRewards (tm) pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure both of the above are better than McCormick and Ceci right now, but will that matter when they are back? Of course not.

Mark Stone meanwhile had a shocker of a game. Missing passes, turnovers and a really stupid penalty to put the team down 3 on 5 at the end of the 2nd period. He essentially lost the game for us. DeMelo also looked off. Bobby Ryan looked as slow as I've ever seen him.

Homestand is over and so may be the honeymoon. 3 game trip out west will be a huge test.

Comment

Christian Jaros had a superb game last night and all while playing with human anchor Boro. Also, shout out to Paul Carey, he turned over the puck like 3-4 times on one shift and created a scoring chance. He's gotta be racking up those BoucherRewards (tm) pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure both of the above are better than McCormick and Ceci right now, but will that matter when they are back? Of course not.

Mark Stone meanwhile had a shocker of a game. Missing passes, turnovers and a really stupid penalty to put the team down 3 on 5 at the end of the 2nd period. He essentially lost the game for us. DeMelo also looked off. Bobby Ryan looked as slow as I've ever seen him.

Homestand is over and so may be the honeymoon. 3 game trip out west will be a huge test.
                Well Carey is on his way back to the B so I guess that means the return of Mad Max or another Nick Paul call-up?
                DeMelo has his Jekyll and Hyde nights. Unlike Ceci who is just always Hyde. I realize that Jaros, DeMelo, and Wideman all have their bad games and horrendous turnovers. They can still all skate circles around CC though and I don't know what it will take for management to realize that.

EDIT: Aaand Cody's back. Fully expect a Jaros demotion and 8 minutes ice time for Chris Wideman now that CC, MB, and BH are all simultaneously active. It was fun while it lasted, gang.

EDIT: Boro suspended one game for acting like an idiot. So now worst case is:

Harpur-Ceci
                Chabot-DeMelo
                Lajoie-Wideman
                Jaros
                Last edited by thedaigle1; 10-25-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Way to harsh the mellow Josh

Comment

• Originally posted by Stylizer View Post
                    Good to see you Stylizer! What’s new? What are your thoughts on the team this year? The Karlsson shenanigans?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

Good to see you Stylizer! What’s new? What are your thoughts on the team this year? The Karlsson shenanigans?!
                      I have lost interest in the Sens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stylizer View Post

I have lost interest in the Sens.
                        I have to admit that I'm in a similar position. Despite the team still having some interesting players, my faith that ownership and the team can recognize the value of retaining even franchise players is non-existent. I don't think I'll ever really be excited again until at least Melnyk is gone.

Comment

• Brian Lee was told to quit hockey unless he wanted to be in a wheelchair. Looking for a next career, he went to nursing school and worked at a senior’s home. An insightful Throwback Thursday interview that may change your view of a former 1st rounder. - Ian Mendes

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200...reer-1.1202286

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

I have to admit that I'm in a similar position. Despite the team still having some interesting players, my faith that ownership and the team can recognize the value of retaining even franchise players is non-existent. I don't think I'll ever really be excited again until at least Melnyk is gone.
                            I’m in a similar position.

Although, the Sens have more of my interest this year. Guys like Tkachuk, Duchene, Lajoie, White and Chabot are at least making this season interesting.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. You guys see this Ãœber video?

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post
                                Jesus Christ. You guys see this Ãœber video?
                                Didnt see it but read some of the transcripted comments. To be honest I didn't find it all that upsetting. It reminded me of how I bitch about my boss and coworkers when they aren't around.

I'd be pretty pissed though if my private conversation with friends or colleagues got leaked out of an Uber security cam.

Comment

Working...
                                X