No announcement yet.

General Sens Talk - Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh yeah, good point, I totally forgot about the World Juniors. In that case, I suppose for Ottawa's future, option A (Drysdale) looks better than option B (Sanderson), for Ottawa's needs, if they do go with a defenseman with the 5th pick:

Option A
    Thomas Chabot - Jamie Drysdale
    Erik Brannstrom - Jacob Bernard-Docker
    ??? - Lassi Thomson

Option B
    Thomas Chabot - Jacob Bernard-Docker
    Jake Sanderson - Lassi Thomson
    Erik Brannstrom - ???

I trust the potential of Drysdale RD1 and Brannstrom LD2 more than I do JBD RD1 and Thomson RD2.

Would you also have Sanderson's potential between Chabot's and Brannstrom's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Ahh yeah, good point, I totally forgot about the World Juniors. In that case, I suppose for Ottawa's future, option A (Drysdale) looks better than option B (Sanderson), for Ottawa's needs, if they do go with a defenseman with the 5th pick:

Option A
      Thomas Chabot - Jamie Drysdale
      Erik Brannstrom - Jacob Bernard-Docker
      ??? - Lassi Thomson

Option B
      Thomas Chabot - Jacob Bernard-Docker
      Jake Sanderson - Lassi Thomson
      Erik Brannstrom - ???

I trust the potential of Drysdale RD1 and Brannstrom LD2 more than I do JBD RD1 and Thomson RD2.

Would you also have Sanderson's potential between Chabot's and Brannstrom's?
      Option A scare the hell out of me. That's a very small defense in stature. Ideally, we pick forwards at 5 and 3, and use the Isles first, Logan Brown/Erik Brännström + to get Sergachev.

But yeah I suppose I'd put Sanderson ahead of Brännström. Certainly whichever two players we pick in the top 5 will become our top two prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by matchesmalone View Post

Option A scare the hell out of me. That's a very small defense in stature. Ideally, we pick forwards at 5 and 3, and use the Isles first, Logan Brown/Erik Brännström + to get Sergachev.

But yeah I suppose I'd put Sanderson ahead of Brännström. Certainly whichever two players we pick in the top 5 will become our top two prospects.
        I can understand that for sure. I’d prefer two forwards as well. I’d much rather target Parayko on the right side than Sergachev on the left, though. JBD doesn’t seem like a first-pair guy, nor Brannstrom a bottom pair guy (and I’d like to hang on to him), so getting a clear-cut RD1 should be the top priority on the backend.

Comment

• Duclair + White + Zaitsev + 2nd + 2nd + 2nd for Parayko?

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Duclair + White + Zaitsev + 2nd + 2nd + 2nd for Parayko?
            Haha dude, that's a total EA Sports trade: overwhelming quantity of mediocre value in exchange for quality. Despite the cap crunch these teams are facing, I'm certain there's gonna have to be at least one serious pieces involved.

But my main problem is Parayko is 27. He'll be 29 by the time we're competitive. I mean it could still be worth it if the price is right, but it means we have only one window to win with him as a core piece. Sergachev is still only 22, and Ekblad is just 24. Sergachev is perfectly capable playing the right side from what I understand. And besides, I prefer keeping your top two defensemen separate, so that one is almost always on the ice, rather than playing them together.

I've been thinking Isles 1st, Logan Brown/Erik Brännström + for Sergachev or Ekblad. Trade Logan Brown if we're drafting Byfield, or trade Brännström if we're drafting Sanderson/Drysdale.

Comment

Working...
            X