Sens sign Mark Stone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sens sign Mark Stone

1 year, 7.35M. Avoid arbitration

Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Karlsson, and Wideman are now pending UFAs. Five best players on the team and not one of them signed long term. As much as I want the band to stay together, I have accepted that we are headed for a Miami Marlins fire sale. It was fun while it lasted, gang.

EDIT: Every time I use the phrase 'Marlins fire sale' I'm forced to remind myself that the Marlins won the 97 and 03 World Series. There is no god.

EDIT: I don't want to talk about Cody Ceci anymore.
    Last edited by thedaigle1; 08-03-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

This isn’t good. Stone was the one player I figured we’d be able to keep.

Comment

What on earth is the point of signing this contract? Stone just wants his year before UFA, got it, but what's Ottawa's motivation here?

Comment

If the team has a bounceback year and shows the players that we're headed in the right direction, then guys like Stone and Duchene will be more likely to re-sign.

And I am assuming it was Stone's idea to do a one year, so that he can see the direction the team is going before committing long term. So I don't see what options the team had.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Aussie
            What on earth is the point of signing this contract? Stone just wants his year before UFA, got it, but what's Ottawa's motivation here?
            I guess they figured they would be signing him one year anyways through arbitration, might as well avoid ruining the relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11

I guess they figured they would be signing him one year anyways through arbitration, might as well avoid ruining the relationship
              Kinda seems like that ship has salied though...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Aussie

Kinda seems like that ship has salied though...
                Well, it's pretty hard to say. I don't have confidence in the Sens managing relationships with any player, but Stone probably wanted a one-year deal, anyways.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎