Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only NO SPOILERS

66 minutes I have read. It should be truly awesome.

Also, you were right about Dorne: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/05/23/ch ... w-details/

(no spoilers there, just new characters for next season)

Comment

Cool. I think the Martell's are pretty unique as it's almost like they're foreigners from Essos and not attached with the rest of Westereos despite that not being true. I'm excited to see what they could bring, although I'll miss Oberyn Martell who I thought was a really, really good character. Especially his speech with Tyrion in his jail cell when he declared he would be his champion.

Comment

I think the last half of the episode was really good, the action scenes and everything that happened. I was sort of expecting a clash at the Wall with Stannis arriving, possibly the Bolton's who are heading North. So I was a little underwhelmed when it was only half an episode of battling and then they retreated. I thought the scene with Jon Snow and Ygritte was pretty good. The kissing shot was pretty corny, but it was a good scene. The first half was really dragged out and I thought some stuff was unnecessary.

Comment

It wasn't quite episode nine material really, but I feel that will be made up for. In a like for like comparison, I much preferred the Battle of Blackwater Bay.

It also appears that the Martells will be staying in Dorne for a large chunk at least of their appearances. That's interesting, I wonder if they will have a point of view character in Dorne created or if a current (or more than one) POV character ends up in Dorne (and if so, who will it be?). I have some ideas but it all depends on how the finale plays out.

Comment

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) - SPOILERS

So, what happens with Jorah? And do you think the finale will see Lady Stoneheart? I really hope they stick with what happens between Tyrion/Tywin/Shae exactly like it happens in the novels.

Comment

So as Victor correctly pointed out, Tywin is murdered by Tyrion and Varys helps him escape King's Landing. Cersei, who is outraged by this, offers a bounty on Tyrion's head.

Eventually, Jorah runs into and captures Tyrion in a brothel (surprise surprise). From there, he has to decide to either take Tyrion back to Westeros as his slave to claim that pardon he's been chasing since Ned went to behead him (for trading slaves - great irony), or take him to Meereen to try and regain Daenerys' favour.

Comment

So he hasn't decided which route to take yet then? I guess the hope is that he takes Tyrion to Dany?

Comment

He has decided, I was just trying to be cryptic

Comment

To Mereen it is then? I would have to imagine so. Makes for a much more interesting storyline. In the books, has he already brought Tyrion to the destination?

Comment

I can't see the purpose of having a large number of scenes in Dorne without a current POV character being there, unless they are planning something big.

Comment

I think I have an inkling as to who it will be. But it's spoilery so let's wait til Sunday (Monday for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
                          I think I have an inkling as to who it will be. But it's spoilery so let's wait til Sunday (Monday for me).
                          Or just post it in the spoilers thread

Comment

But that requires reading your and Matt's shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
                              But that requires reading your and Matt's shenanigans.
                              OK, use this link and it will bring you to a reply window for the spoilers thread. The only issue is if you scroll down below the reply window, you can see the latest posts. Depending on your resolution, you shouldn't be able to see the posts without scrolling down past the window. posting.php?mode=reply&f=52&t=500

Comment

Not sure if worth. (thnx tho)

Comment

Working...
                                X