Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones - Show Only NO SPOILERS

Originally posted by Josh
    Originally posted by Victor
    I think I have an inkling as to who it will be. But it's spoilery so let's wait til Sunday (Monday for me).
    Or just post it in the spoilers thread
    Is the wait time between books annoying for you guys? I understand you'd want a quality book and if that takes time, then so be it. But two books in the last 14 years?! And don't even bother telling me to ask in the spoilers thread, I'm not risking anything going in there :p

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie11
      Originally posted by Josh
      I think I have an inkling as to who it will be. But it's spoilery so let's wait til Sunday (Monday for me).
      Or just post it in the spoilers thread
      Is the wait time between books annoying for you guys? I understand you'd want a quality book and if that takes time, then so be it. But two books in the last 14 years?! And don't even bother telling me to ask in the spoilers thread, I'm not risking anything going in there :p
      lol,

Well for me I started reading the books about 18 months ago and finished about 12 months ago. I can only imagine what it's been like for some of those who read A Game of Thrones back in the mid 90s!

Comment

At least they didn't have to see the show made in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw

Comment

At least they didn't have to see the show made in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw
          This clip wins the internet. :lol:

Comment

Oh, ok. The books look really good. I'd love to read them. But I struggle with reading and it takes me 2-3 times as long as the normal person to read, plus they end up feeling likes chores having to re-read everything over and over.

On a show related note, apparently the Season 4 finale is going to be crazy. Apparently the producers have said that they're not sure they will ever be able to top this episode in the series again, and for the Emmy nominations they were confident enough to only submit one episode and best written episode...this one.

I think it's going to be tough to top the Red Wedding episode in terms of surprise, but I'm actually confident that it can and will be done.

Comment

Well that makes sense, in the books so far (I've read all 5), the end of book 3 (which is where the show is now) is by far the most exciting and action-packed sequence of events.

Comment

So, will the third and fourth books be pretty much covered once season four ends?

Comment

No, as I said, the show is currently at the end of book 3. Book 3 was split into 2 seasons on the show, and given what has happened over the past 2 seasons of the show you can probably see why. It's just a LOT of stuff to get through.

So next season 5 shoud pick up at the beginning of book 4.

Comment

Oh, I see. On Wikipedia it says that there's elements from the fourth and fifth books in season four, though? And I thought I read the GOT producers wanted 7 seasons, when they'd need 8-9 at the pace they're going.

Comment

I heard books 4 and 5 might be combined into 1 season. I'm not sure what the merits of that are and they seem to be long books, just like the first 3, if not longer.

That would also mean that the show would overtake the books in 1 year and that's definitely not a good thing.

Comment

That's strange. Perhaps the fourth and fifth books are less action-packed and more dragged out? It still makes no sense, though.

And yup, but I know George RR Martin is working on the sixth book. I'd wager it won't become a conflict until the shows seventh season, as the sixth book will be done close to in time so they can base the show off of it. But, yeah, the seventh book would become a problem and I don't think he'd have the time to write a seventh one in time.

Comment

That's strange. Perhaps the fourth and fifth books are less action-packed and more dragged out? It still makes no sense, though.

And yup, but I know George RR Martin is working on the sixth book. I'd wager it won't become a conflict until the shows seventh season, as the sixth book will be done close to in time so they can base the show off of it. But, yeah, the seventh book would become a problem and I don't think he'd have the time to write a seventh one in time.
                          This. You hit the nail on the head.

Also, book 4 and book 5 are written during the same time period - book 4 focuses on half the characters and book 5 the other half. In terms of the show, they aren't going to just want certain storylines disappear for a whole season so we may see those books combined.

Comment

I think it's going to be tough to top the Red Wedding episode in terms of surprise, but I'm actually confident that it can and will be done.
                            Oh man, just wait until Sunday! It's definitely going to top the Red Wedding.

Comment

I think after episode 2 I read an article saying episode 10 was the best thing they ever filmed and well, after episode 2 that was quite believable. This season was a bit slower in the middle but I still expect great things from the finale. Can't wait.

That's interesting about books 4 and 5. Couldn't they still make 2 seasons out of them and do one half of book 4 with one half of book 5 and the second halves of both? Or are they that bad? (in which case, is season 4 going to be the peak of the show? That's a frightening prospect).

Comment

MTA - Thanks, I didn't know that. Gotta feel bad for those who followed from the beginning who had to sit on what's going on with the other half of characters for six years.

Josh - Okay, I'm pumped. Obviously when you talk about how amazing it is going to be, I am wondering what on Earth could happen. But in this show I've learned to not even predict as it's always so unpredictable.

Victor - Yeah, that's a real possibility. I think this may be the peak in terms of surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X